"8 Ways To Give Us Your Cash" - the desperation in the latest Watchtower is tangible!

by cedars 75 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• fakesmile
    fakesmile

sol, my bad. words really cant express my anger. the blatancy. and jewelry too? what sick twisted scumbags. always wanting a little bit more... for jehobo. "if i be judged by god, i will proudly proclaim that i detested all false prophets who claim his inspiration". or something like that.

• Farkel
    Farkel

King Solomon,

: Fakesmile, clean up the potty mouth please.

It's nice to know we have a thought-control newbie on this board.

Are you so silly as to assume "families" haven't ever heard those words? I heard those words in 6th grade and that was about a million years ago. I worked with Elders who used those words and that was about a half million years ago.

Farkel

• Lurker555
    Lurker555

One of the new brochures from the convention said they never solicit money. That the

1st issue said that when the money runs out they would take that as a sign to suspend

the publication. Don't remember which brochure now.

I just find it interesting that they don't consider articles like that as soliciting for money, just a

reminder in all the ways we have of donating to kingdom interests.

• agonus
    agonus

If a brochure that exists for the sole purpose of instructing adherents as to how funds may be donated - up to and including the event of their demise - is NOT solicitation, then pray tell WHAT THE BLOODY HELL IS?!

• rip van winkle
    rip van winkle

The Brochure was published in 2000. I had already named them as beneficiary on a retirement account. My mom ,while alive, was always my beneficiary on everything excluding the IRA. But if I had prepared a Will after she passed, the WTS would have been named as my beneficiary. So glad I didn't. And their name has been removed from my IRA.

But I could never understand how a parent would not choose their children as a beneficiary over the WTS UNLESS they or their children went "apostate" .

And then I read K Sol's thought on young baptisms and disfellowshipping-

you wonder if it's not a calculated long-range financial planning strategy on the part of the WTBTS where disinheriting reasonably follows.. Dastardly

Dastardly,Indeed!!!!!!! They are a calculating org.

• King Solomon
  • King Solomon
    King Solomon

Farkel, don't try to defend a clear violation of posting rule 3.

I wanted to send a link to this thread to colleagues, but now probably will shy away from doing so, as some people in this World actually DO find vulgarity and crude language gratuitous and needlessly offensive.... I posted while still within the 30 min window for him to edit, but he didn't read it in time....

There are sub-categories of the forum here that are adult-oriented, but this one isn't.

• Balaamsass
    Balaamsass

It amazes me how they strip-mine the elderly with the begging for the Regional building commitee's inflated expenses. It works, older ones don't understand the "nice new chairs" are inflated and No bargin.

Once elderly ones ask for return of borrowed funds it is likely the Circuit Overseer will contact them to re-consider. Along with field auditing accounts he is the WTBTS new money man.

Shocking how the simple message delivered by Jesus from rocks, living rooms, and lakeshores has become twisted into money grubbing Religion/Real Estate/Hedgefund Corporations.

• Theocratic Sedition
    Theocratic Sedition

I don't see anything wrong with articles like these. They're informative, providing ways for the Jonadab class to support the slave class as they incessantly look after Christ's interests on Earth. I for one, am thankful.

• King Solomon
    King Solomon

Theo, what's the Jonadab class?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit