New girl in town here for support

by joyfulfader 101 Replies latest jw experiences

• Ding
    Ding

Welcome! Glad you're here!

• Lozhasleft
    Lozhasleft

Hello and welcome to the forum. Leaving isn't easy that's for sure, but it's healthier and happier than staying in the WTBS. You have been treated very unjustly, as have so many of us so you are in the right place for comfort and support. Apostate? I believe the apostasy is actually within the WTBS personally.

if you give yourself a little time to heal and reflect, gradually as the resentment lessens and you journey through the grief of the normal life that you've lost, you will begin to know how you feel about your god and your relationship with him. I realised long ago that it was Almighty God who pulled me out of there, and am thankful for it. Others lose faith completely. We all have choices now.

I am so glad for your child's benefit that you're out, please protect him from the cult at all costs. I speak from bitter experience, honestly. I wish you well on your path to freedom, it's a wonderful place to be whatever age you find it.

Loz x

• moshe
    moshe

Follow you own path- never, never get involved with anyone who was a JW or has JW family. Stay away from all organized religion for a couple years-- some use the same love-bombing techniques that cults use to suck people in. I was your age when I left the KH over 20 years ago- You have plenty of time to fix your life and forget the bad times in the KH. Good luck and welcome.

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

Welcome to JWN and the "waking up after 40 club".

"What part of my inner spirituality is truly mine and which part is the indoctrination?"

For starters, you're entitled to look back on any and all good things you've done in your life and take personal credit for them. Rather than thinking "God helped me endure all that crap at the Kingdumb Haul," think "I had the strength and patience to endure a bunch of crap from those false prophets." If you choose to believe in God, you can say, "It took me a while to get his message, but God made it clear to me that he wanted me to leave that organization by exposing their cruelty and wickedness."

• rip van winkle
    rip van winkle

Joyful Fader- Welcome!!! You have definitely been down a difficult road. No need to kick yourself.

You were indoctrinated. It will take time for you to sort out what you believe to be true or not. I'm in the process of that now.

Remember Joyful, it took many years for your belief system to be formed. Try not to regret your past decisions-they weren't made with your whole ability of reasoning.

Glad you're here!!!

• blindnomore
    blindnomore

Joyfulfader, Welcome and Sorry you are suffering with PTSD. What traumatic experiences so many of us had gone through by the Watchtower Organization! You are safe here. Make yourself home and stay as long as you would like to. This is a good place to learning in taking your power back and you can be yourself without dread of being punished.

I've been on the forum for about 5 months and it has been the best therapy for me. It's so nice to be freed and living a real life again. No more fear, guilt, PTSD, ... Congrets on your jorney to renew life!

• finally awake
    finally awake

Welcome! Just ROn and I were 41 when we escaped from the borg, life's a lot better on the outside

• nancy drew
    nancy drew

Welcome to a new life and it's going to be exciting, interesting and challenging and I know you're up for it.

• Mickey mouse
    Mickey mouse

Welcome. Sounds like you've had a rough journey. X

• EmptyInside
    EmptyInside

Welcome! I can totally relate to how you feel. It does feel like a lot of time wasted in the religion.

But,you definitely have been through much more than me. I can't believe the elders chose to ambush you like that. It doesn't sound like they handled things properly. But,glad you're out of that now.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit