New girl in town here for support

by joyfulfader 101 Replies latest jw experiences

• joyfulfader
    joyfulfader

Thanks for the welcome. I wish I could write it all down but no one including me would have the time to take it all in. I was always the dutiful daughter. The one who pioneered, told on myself, cried at every baptism talk...married the MS/pioneer and actually never went past 1st base before marriage at 21. Fast forward to husband elder and new baby. Hubby decides he has had enough religion, enough marriage and enough parenthood and leaves to live with one of his girlfriends giving up all custody. 2 yrs later I am engaged to be remarried and it is brought to the attention of the elders that no one has actually SEEN my ex husband enter a house with a woman and come out the next day. I was told that 2 elders were going to meet with me to sort things out. I walked into the KH and was ambushed by a JC and was disfellowshipped on the spot. Thought about appealing since it was baseless but the ingrained notion that they were all powerful kept me from doing so. My baptized fiance still married me because he knew the truth but it took 3 yrs to get the proof to be exonerated and even then I was accused of forging the proof. And I still went back...WHY???? That was only the beginning. It only got worse. Fortunately I am very resilient and each event made me more determined to be able to take care of myself. The final straw came many years later and last year I walked out of the house of hypocrisy for the last time. It is the events surrounding that final straw that I am struggling with and its those events that hit me out of the blue sometimes and I feel so much anger and resentment. I am working on that :) btw...I am at work (I did go to college finally and have a good career) and my iPad refuses to make paragraphs. Sorry for the bunched up sentences.

• joyfulfader
    joyfulfader

I am a transplant to the southern U.S. by way of my late husband's job. Yes, my 2nd husband passed away suddenly. Thinking of moving back north. No more ties here. Wish the real estate market was better...would help with the disappearing thing too. Just glad I live out of the territory of my old congregation!! Fortunately my parents passed on good genetics so not only do I not feel 40, I don't look it either. Still doesn't erase the fact of the number though. And ur right PaintedToeNail...can't dwell on what I can't change. Leaving was actually what I needed to get OFF the Prozac.

• Diest
    Diest

Amazing story. I can't believe how much work they will put into disfellowshiping someone and then ignore any of their suposed shepherding duties.

Move out to Colorado it is where all the smart people live.

Looks like you reached your posting limit, we will look forward to hear more from you after 24hrs from your first post. (You get 10 posts a day until you have 100 posts. At 100 you get 100 posts a day)

• joyfulfader
    joyfulfader

Hmmmmm...my posting notes tell me I can post 92 more times in the next 24 hrs. Doesn't mention the 10 per day limit. How is a girl supposed to vent with just 10 posts??? LOL

• Diest
    Diest

Nice,

I guess I had part of that wrong. Looks like you registered a while back. Vent away.

Edit: I am ready to read about what sort of Gumshoe work it took to prove you were free to marry and how much crow the elders had to eat.

Theocratic PI work is my favorite.

• fakesmile
    fakesmile

im new too, so i dont know if i have the street cred to welcome anyone but welcome. the debates are lively and the people are friendly.

• Bangalore
    Bangalore

Welcome to the board.

Bangalore

• palmtree67
    palmtree67

I started over at 40, I'm now 45. I'm happy and regret nothing!

• joyfulfader
    joyfulfader

I did register a few months ago but had to come to terms with the fact that my posting on the site makes me an apostate. Had to get up the nerve to post an anonymous message on a website using a made up screen name with an icon that really doesn't resemble me in the least :)

• Aware!
    Aware!

Welcome! I love reading everyone's experiences here.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit