Candace Conti's Attorney Takes the Stage

by Juan Viejo2 65 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• breakfast of champions
    breakfast of champions

Just watched the last couple of these videos, and I HIGHLY RECOMMEND that everyone watches them, at least some of the question and answer ones.

I think it was the last video where Simons explains how WTs x-exam of Conti blew up in their face when he argued that "ONE TIME is too many let alone 5 or 10." They really don't get it.

Watchtower attorneys really seemed disorganized/bewildered at this trial. It was as if they didn't know what to do in a real trial as opposed to a settlement. I think they are in HUGE TROUBLE.

• cedars
    cedars

breakfast of champions

Watchtower attorneys really seemed disorganized/bewildered at this trial. It was as if they didn't know what to do in a real trial as opposed to a settlement. I think they are in HUGE TROUBLE.

Precisely. If they were so unguarded with their comments during the trial - where's the guarantee that they will be able to deliver the goods during the appeal?

Cedars

• Mickey mouse
    Mickey mouse

I've watched all the videos and they are well worth viewing.

• dontplaceliterature
    dontplaceliterature

Great work! Thanks for posting Juan! I put these on reddit, as well.

• Sheep2slaughter
    Sheep2slaughter

I gotta tell you....the people asking questions in the videos, questions like, does he still go to meeting, do people still associate with him, why isn't he disfellowshipped....etc...these people make those who have left the organization sound stupid. They don't even know basic witness rules or procedure. They don't even promote or advance any legit agenda. It just gets irritating.

Having said that about some of the questions, these videos are awesome and I love being in the know on such serious subjects. Thanks to all those that have made them available and continue to promote them.

• Heaven
    Heaven

My question would be why isn't this guy incarcerated or in a mental institution?

• sabastious
    sabastious
    My question would be why isn't this guy incarcerated or in a mental institution?

Because Jonathan Kendrick had the sense to not allow two witnesses to any of his sexual crimes. The "Two Witness" rule is protected by the first amendment. We live in a free world where religions are given free reign to govern their people how they see fit. They are given the freedom to work as mini countries, almost like an Indian reservation. This means that what religion you are born into is what chooses your quality of life and ultimate safety. It's paramount to keep new people OUT of the Watchtower at all costs. The people that are still in have freely chosen the lifestyle of denial even though leaving is very hard, it's been done. As long as the US Constitution exists, the JW's will have freedom to harbor sexual criminals behind their system, but will have to pay money every time they offend a citizen who is also a minor. It's a dirty world, but somebody's got to live in it.

-Sab

• blindnomore
    blindnomore

I am sooooo glad Candace case didn't settle but went to trial. It's about time the truth about the Watchtower finally come out . Candace I can't tell you enough how grateful I am for your courageous conviction! You did it for us all.

side note: For the sexual victims, report the crime to the Police and/or the Chid Protective Service(if you are a minor) as soon as possible. The authorities have a rape kit that will help tracing the perpetrator. You will have a second witness, DNA evidence , if not more. Even for those of old cases, you just never know. Your perpetrator is may under the police radar already. I know of a case that the law enforcement has their ears open for another report on the perpetrator. Just because you don't have a civil case doesn't mean you don't have a criminal case.

• blindnomore
  • moshe
    moshe

saved for future

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit