Candace Conti's Attorney Takes the Stage

by Juan Viejo2 65 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• NewYork44M
    NewYork44M

Great videos. I like his point that not all sexual abuse cases meet the legal threshold that will result in a successful suit.

Of the thousands of cases out there, there are some that should really scare the society. From a risk management perspective, I am sure the society has reviewed these cases and already know which ones they never want to fight.

• breakfast of champions
    breakfast of champions

Great videos, thanks!

I think in video seven he talks about the correlation between the outbreak of sex abuse cases in the catholic church in 1989 and the letter the society sent that summer. . . never knew that.

• Emery
    Emery

@breakfast of champions

I also found that fascinating!

• Heaven
    Heaven

This organization is totally patriarchal and misogynistic.

When you are one of God's Chosen, you do not have to be a responsible member of the community. You are above all non-JWs in the community you live in. This is their attitude. I saw it in my parents during the '90s when they were becoming entrenched in this organization. Accusing me of doing wrong things but not being able to identify them. Telling me that the guy at work harrassing me is all my fault. Getting angry at me when they peppered me with questions about the Bible and Jesus that I was able to answer even though I wasn't a JW.

All JWs believe that child sexual abuse is a very rare case. It is completely downplayed by the Watchtower. This is secrecy at its finest.

I am hoping that things will change for the better in the organization, especially for the children and women who are being abused.

• blindnomore
    blindnomore

Should the Governing Body had any wisdom or any humility, they aren't in the position where they are today with Mr. Simon and many others.

It's all up to you GB! Reform is the only answer for your survive. Insisting your way and going back to Dark Age era is a HUGE mistake. Otherwise, you will need more than one lesson as Mr. Simon said. Learn from what's happening in Egypt, Syria, Lybia, etc. The past Century authoritarianism style doesn't work with 21 Century's Social Media Revolution. Trust me, God is not with you either!

• Juan Viejo2
    Juan Viejo2

Hey everyone! Sorry about the delay, but I've been having some serious issues with my video conversion program. The last video I put up was the first of three that cover the Question and Answer session after the more formal presentation given by Candace and Rich Simons.

The first upload was total crap and it had audio problems. As soon as I discovered how bad it was, I jerked it down. So if any of you saw that version, go back to YouTube and try again.

The link has changed for that segment:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uPr9rFi3B2c

The other two segments should be up before noon PDT (Saturday). Sorry for the delay, but this turned out to be a bit of a nightmare due to all new hardware and video editing programs full of glitches.

Should be OK now. I apologize for taking so long to get this series out.

JV

• life is to short
    life is to short

I just really want to thank you Juan Viejo2 for all of the hard work you went to.

LITS

• cedars
    cedars

The latest video offers an intriguing "outsider's" perspective on the culpability of the Governing Body and the application of "clergy privilege".

It's also revealed that Candace received no settlement offer because she made it clear from the outset that settling was not on the agenda.

Cedars

• Juan Viejo2
    Juan Viejo2

Segment 2 of audience questions is now up on YouTube...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SEg6Cg87pjI

Much better than the crappy versions that went up late last night...

JV

• cedars
    cedars

Thanks Juan - I really am enjoying these videos!

Cedars

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit