by Juan Viejo2 65 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• soft+gentle
    soft+gentle

enjoyed that very much

• Juan Viejo2
    Juan Viejo2

Enjoy this, soft+gentle...

Part 6 is now on YouTube.

Rick Simons picks up where he left off in part 5. Why did Candace's case have a chance in court compared to other similar situations? What were the elders' obligations under the law. What directions had they received from the Watchtower? How were those guidelines distributed? Why this case is so significant and what Candace Conti was really asking the elders to do? What about her abuser? Where is he and what is his status today?

Yes, inquiring minds want to know and attorney Simons did his best to cover all the bases. I was there and feel that his presentation was informative and presented in a direct, no nonsense manner.

Part 7 later today...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a0rblLU0VqM

JV

• cedars
    cedars

Thanks for this Juan - I've written a blog article on the subject to try to draw attention to these videos.

http://jwsurvey.org/cedars-blog/the-girl-who-took-on-the-watchtower-candace-conti-speaks-out

Expect an email!

Cedars

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Good Video`s..Worth watching..

.......................... OUTLAW

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

Key quote for me so far:

"All of the jury we aghast that people could be coming to your door with the sanction of a religious organisation who knows they are convicted child abusers."

When you put it like that it really makes you wonder why on earth Jehovah's Witnesses ever thought this was acceptable.

• blindnomore
    blindnomore

Mr.Simon brough out several important factors in Conti's case(it will help to determine whether you have case or not)

• Victim was abused during church activities.
    • Perpetrator is known abuser by the congregation elders.
    • Perpetrator is not a family member.
    • Written document (i.e.: 1989 Body of Elders letter, letters between elders and Watchtower, etc)

I am sure that doesn't mean you do not have the case unless your case meet these exact potocol.

Another point, The Jehvoah's Witness elders were caught lying in court during the cross-examine and were contradicting each other in lying. They should have been arrested for contempt of court. They are no good liars working for Publishing Company. What shepherd?

Thank you Juan!

• Band on the Run
    Band on the Run

First, no law suit could change doctrine. There are First Amendment protections. Second, I doubt change is a permissible damage remedy in California. Change in doctrine may be a by-product. It sounds as though the Witness lawyers make statements for Witnesses, not an appeals court. If Conti wanted only a change in doctrine, she would not have sought money damages.One can have several goals at the same time. I can just hear the Witnesses trash talking her.

Remedies is a field of law in itself. No judge could order a change in policy. The logical consequences that result from losing a major case that might establish precedent and yield bad publicity are not a valid legal argument. The JW lawyers know this.

I respect both Conti and Simons for not settling. It would have been in both their financial interests to settle. The client and lawyer assumed a great risk. Simons could only do what Conti decided but a bird in the hand is worth two in the bush.

This case is a major leap from confidentiality agreements, negotiated in secret, to the disinfectant of an open court. I am curious as to how much money was paid out in settlements over the years. It would be interesting to know the amount offered to ascertain whether they were serious.

• life is to short
    life is to short

btt This is truly a must see. What Mr. Simons described is what I went through in the hall I attended. The child molesters were allowed to interact with everyone and no one knew. There are just too many stories out there like this. The elders told me also that they were going to "watch the children" just like Candace and Mr. Simons said. It is truly amazing that this is happening.

LITS

• baltar447
    baltar447

The gasps of the audience when he quotes what they told Kendrick: "Well if you had sex with him more he wouldn't do this"

• Juan Viejo2
    Juan Viejo2

Outstanding article by Cedars. Please - everyone! Read this article!

http://jwsurvey.org/cedars-blog/the-girl-who-took-on-the-watchtower-candace-conti-speaks-out

Video 7 coming soon.

JV

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit