The Governing Body intends to announce significant changes in academic literature (DOCTRINES) - Brazil

by Dogpatch 375 Replies latest jw friends

• yadda yadda 2
    yadda yadda 2

I know what the changes will be:

Anyone donating between $100 to $200 (becomes holy money as a sweet fragrance to Jehovah, remember) a month is exempt from the door to door magazine peddling work, and if you donate $200 or more a month, you get to be called a special donator and have your name read out as such each month.

Lazy but cash rich JW's will be deliriously happy, and the Goobering Body gets all the lovely cash they crave. Sweet!

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

The phrase " bulletin board " will be used again....

• shamus100
  • breakfast of champions
    breakfast of champions

BALTAR447 - I think Saturday, October 6th

• yadda yadda 2
    yadda yadda 2

I know what it will be: Instead of disfellowshipping and reproving, keep them in the borg and thus all their lovely cash and hours peddling magazines (which brings more cash) by introducing a form of indulgences. Rather than getting deep-fried or abjectly humiliated, naughty, sinful, lazy and faithfless dubbies can remain if they have their sins and lack of faith forgiven after 12 months worth of tithing. This will demonstrate works (cash version) befitting repentance that the naughty dub is contrite and wants full acceptance back into mother's arms.

• Londo111
    Londo111

I wasn't here last year...do the contents of the annual meeting typically get leaked?

• breakfast of champions
    breakfast of champions

I wouldn't be surprised if it was leaked.

Give it a week or so after.

• shamus100
  • EndofMysteries
    EndofMysteries

I'm surprised non of the leaks here have heard or leaked it yet.

• sir82
    sir82
    When is the Annual Meeting?

Typically it is the first weekend in October.

Historically, it has been used to float "new light" ideas before they make it into print. The latest and most convoluted ("overlapping groups") definition of "generation" was introduced in an annual meeting 3 or 4 years ago.

Being invited to the annual meeting is an enormous feather in one's cap. JWs will brag about it for months in advance and for months afterward.

Part of the bragging process is writing an extensive e-mail and sending it to 2 or 3 thousand of your closest friends - not so much for the contents of the e-mail, but to let 2 or 3 thousand people know that you are elite and were actually there.

So yes, the contents of the annual meeting will be available to several billion net users within a few hours of the meeting's completion. I'm sure we'll all be commenting on it here on JWD that Monday morning.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit