The Governing Body intends to announce significant changes in academic literature (DOCTRINES) - Brazil

by Dogpatch 375 Replies latest jw friends

• diamondiiz
    diamondiiz

Miles3 - as you notice not every congregation has many df/da. At least the congs I've attended never had many, maybe 1 or 2 which amounts to peanuts. If they lose 35k-70k/year for DF out of 7+million that doesn't amount to much money that they would notice or make a dent in their revenue. Revenue loss may be to the problems I've stated above which don't really have much to do with df/da. I don't know of mass df, most I heard of in my congs were 2 people being df.

As had been said before, dubs are cheap and only few give more than they have to, this may have something to do with low education and lower paying jobs per capital when dealing with jws. WTS created this and they can't squeeze blood out of a stone. Mormons on the other hand have many better educated ones who generate a better revenue for their cult which wts doesn't seem to get. If wts wants more cash they need to push for higher education so the younger generation of dubs can contribue more. They can thank all wise leaders for this.

• mind blown
    mind blown

Seriously, if this is true I wonder how many would be able to wage law suits?

For instance when I was innactive I took up smoking. While out (at a night club mind you) a witness saw me, told elders, elders called me in. I refused to repent because they were trying to muscle me into it, which made me not want to repent even more (on priciple of being forced), as well as before God. I told them I should not be forced/muscled into it, I should do it when I was ready from my heart. And boy did they try. My meeting was not only very long, I had four elders for little ol me showing me scriptures I was going to be distroyed if I didn't repent for smoking..... and the funny thing of all?. I told them I wasn't even smoking regularly. It was very casual or social which was true.

So I was DF for something as stupid as that. I can only imagaine the thousand upon thousand who are DFd for stupid reasons.

Later opposers had laughed and said I should have really gone out with a bang.......lol....

Now my family has shunned me for years and recently my daughter who I've alway been close to. And what about all the others who have been imprisoned or even dead, do to BG stupid reasoning

• mind blown
    mind blown

Me from causual smoker (which I don't do anymore and never turned into addiction) to HARD LINE OPPOSER.

WTS not only loses $$$. Governing Body turns people into dissenters

• jwfacts
    jwfacts

Recently, the Governing Body commissioned a worldwide survey on the impact that the rates of disassociation have on fundraising volunteers.

For years, there have been complaints that disfellowshipping is unloving, and unchristian, with no changes in policy. Now that the GB see it is affecting the $$$$$, they are considering becoming more lenient. It is always about the money.

Whilst Dad was a CO and Bethel auditor, I would raise topics about changes that were happening, suggesting it was to be more controlling. His response was always they were just trying to find ways to save money.

• LostGeneration
    LostGeneration

CoCo makes a point with these quotes, these guys think they speak for God are God. My bet is they don't give two shits about what Branches around the world have to say. They have great apartments in NYC, unlimited travel budgets, and millions of adoring fans around the world. Unless you are McCartney or Jagger, you can't do much better. Why rock the damn boat?

Sure cash flow is down, they just need to ride it out for one to three decades, depending on their age. Hell, if things get real bad they will each grab a couple million left over bucks and run to the Cayman islands.

If we believe their numbers they lose 1% a year to DF/DA, and maybe another 1% to faders. Not enough money there to go relaxing their cult rules.

Now tithing is another matter, that shit would fit in real well with their Old Testament religious theology.

• metatron
    metatron

Unfortunately, the credibility on this thing seems to be draining away. I can't make sense of the latest thing regardless of how it's translated - aside from money being an overwhelming motive for things the GB does.

Aside from the few who "DA themselves" (fictionally) for blood or joining the military, most leave because being a Witness sucks and they are fed up with the whole thing. I fail to see that anything the greedy Theocrats are willing to do would change that - other than making the organization actually pleasant in some worthwhile way.

What can they do with the disfellowshipped? Not disfellowship them? Converse with them and not treat them as enemies, as the Bible commands? They tried that in the Ray Franz era and freaked out because their lust for control prevailed over decency.

The elders already visit the DF'd to try to drag them back into culthood. What's any different?

metatron

• hijosdelawatch
    hijosdelawatch

diamondiiz said:

As had been said before, dubs are cheap and only few give more than they have to, this may have something to do with low education and lower paying jobs per capital when dealing with jws. WTS created this and they can't squeeze blood out of a stone. Mormons on the other hand have many better educated ones who generate a better revenue for their cult which wts doesn't seem to get. If wts wants more cash they need to push for higher education so the younger generation of dubs can contribue more. They can thank all wise leaders for this.

As you say, I think DF'd and DA'd are not a problem for them.

I served in a foreing language congregation. This congregation is one of the few that actually have new members in the area. Well, where is the growing coming from? From poor people, inmigrants without papers, not really interested in the doctrines but in having support from a group.

The other congregations sharing the KH, are upset with us because our contributions are very low. In fact, we can't pay our part for the maintenance of the Hall.

The country of origin of these people, where the number of publishers is growing fast, has the same problem. We could say this kind of branches are subsidized by branches in the first world.

If this trend continues both in first world countries (where growing comes from poor inmigrants and poor minorities) and in third world countries I forecast a black future for the Watchtower, at least financially.

Also this trend could move them to change from being so focused on doctrines, what at the same time would prevent people more educated and rich to become witnesses.

• Jeffro
    Jeffro

'Signicant' changes and 'special' announcements in JW-land are generally very dull. Actual significant changes to doctrine usually creep into The Watchtower without a lot of fanfare.

• TheOldHippie
    TheOldHippie

"In addition, three members of the Branch of Brazil were invited to special training in the United States during the months of July and August 2012."

No reason to tie that up to the upcoming ZO visit. Branch members are regularly called in for training, there is a new Branch servant school. If Brasil has a high percentage of df/da, then that specific Brasilian problem will be discussed at the meeting, but don't expect anything global to come out of that. Different countries - different problems - different solutions. While much is centralized, much is also left for the different countries and different congregations. There is a balance between interference and no interference.

• konceptual99
    konceptual99

@jeffro - You are absolutely right. Take for example the content of this and next weeks WT study - the image of Daniel.

In this article the WTS are documenting the material from the talk at last year's DC which did shed "new light" on this prophecy. How is this new light being communicated?

The change to the understanding of what makes up the toes and feet - this is not acknowledged at all. The new light is simply presented alongside a box asking "WHO MAKE UP ALL THESE KINGDOMS" which just debunks the old light without ever saying it was old light.

There is a footnote on para 5 regarding when the Anglo-American world power actually came into existence. The info in that footnote is "new light" as well but not acknowledged as such.

There is a QfR right after the article which does answer the question "WHEN DID THE ANGLO-AMERICAN WORLD POWER BECOME THE SEVENTH WORLD POWER OF BIBLE PROPHECY?" with more explaination of the "new light". There is a footnote to this that says this info "updates the information discussed on page 57, para 24, of the Daniel's Prophecy book and depicted in the charts on pages 56 and 139".

So... if you just read the articles you may miss the fact that this is "new light" first discussed a year ago. If you don't read the QfR then you will miss the "by the way this updates old light" footnote. Even if you do you may not appreciate that it is yet another change of doctrine.

The other thing to note is that article repeats the assertion that the anglo-american world power will be the dominant world power when Babylon the Great is destroyed. The speaker at the convention I attended in ths UK was clear that no other world powers would rise up. This is another message by implication used to raise expectation with no real commitment. "Wise ones" will read this as saying Armageddon is close by.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit