Surprise Elder's Visit-FAIL

by iclone 59 Replies latest jw friends

• iclone
    iclone

Two elders paid me a surprise visit last weekend. It was their attempt to discover why I have become inactive in my meeting attendance and the ministry. To set matters straight as I told them I do attend the meetings occasionally but I have not reported F.S. for several months. I simply explained that I do not have the will and resolve to spread a message of doom for an event that may never happen. They became inquisitive and asked for an explanation. I said “I don’t know if God is still going to bring about a global destruction. According to the Watchtower Armageddon has been coming for well over 100 years, maybe God changed his mind.” They were floored at my comment and then used a plethora of scriptures showing Jehovah has an appointed time for everything, this event is on His timetable not ours. He is a God of order, then concluded with Jehovah does not tell a lie and that his yes means yes and His no, no.

So I asked them. “Did Jehovah have an appointed time to bring about destruction on Nineveh?” Silence…I said when Jonah finally arrived to the City he stated that in “just forty days” destruction would be upon them. So Jehovah absolutely had an appointed time. Did Jehovah lie, or did he change his mind? They then tried to spin it stating that pending destruction was a condition of their repentance. “Really?” I said. “According to the bible book of Jonah can you show me where Jehovah or Jonah stated this?” I then showed them direct from the bible that the ONLY message was destruction and there was no caveat on the message that this would occur, UNLESS THEY REPENTED. I then showed then the final verse in Chapter four where it says; ‘And, for my part, ought I not to feel sorry for Nin′e·veh the great city,in which there exist more than one hundred and twenty thousand men who do not at all know the difference between their right hand and their left, besides many domestic animals?’

These 120,000 men who did not the difference between their right and left hand can only be referring to children. God felt sorry for the innocent children and even the domestic animals. This was just one small insignificant City and he had a change of heart. Why could he not change his mind when Billions are invoved! Then they started getting very defensive and saying this old system is so corrupt immoral etc. and God has to bring an end, blah, blah, blah. I then concluded the conversation with. “You two sound just like Jonah when he found out Jehovah was going to spare the City.” You could have heard a pin drop! Then the conversation ended with some pleasantries and they left shortly thereafter. I will keep you posted on the fallout!

• cantleave
    cantleave

Bloody brilliant!

• Glander
    Glander

Great job, iclone! I know you won't be surprised if they come back with a basic "Do you believe the WTS is Jehovah's organization?" and your answer will have to be yes or no.

Don't know your personal entanglements with JW's but hopefully it won't disrupt your life too much if they boot you out.

• nugget
    nugget

Well done brilliant argument.

• passwordprotected
    passwordprotected

Brilliant job!

• Emery
    Emery

Dang! That's definately a different approach but a very good one!

• breakfast of champions
  • bottleofwater
  • Dold Agenda
    Dold Agenda

Bwa ha ha!

You got them alright!

I dont think they will be coming back..
    But.. if you not is DF before this... my guess is, they can hunt you down...

• baltar447
    baltar447

That was incredibly awesome!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit