Surprise Elder's Visit-FAIL

by iclone 59 Replies latest jw friends

• thenoblelodge
    thenoblelodge

What did it sound like as their brains turned to mulch ha ha. love it, well done.

Peace

• RubaDub
    RubaDub

Tell them you have been doing research to fortify your beliefs and understanding of how Russell came up with 1914 based upon his belief of pyramidology.

Rub a Dub

• puffthedragon
    puffthedragon

Sulla, I just laughed so hard I woke my dog up and got a priceless WTF look from him! But really, hope you're wrong.

• leavingwt
    leavingwt

Prepare to either (a) start lying or (b) be disfellowshipped.

• iclone
    iclone

I thank you for all your comments. I was very careful not to state anything in absolutes. Ironically I used clever terminology that the WTS uses such as "evidently, clearly, it would seem reasonable” etc. I honestly don’t think it will come to them giving me the boot. I know exactly what to say if it comes down to a showdown. This would not be the first time I have gotten myself out of a squirrelly situation.

Like Terry stated in an earlier post; I feel like we were simply having a conversation not an interrogation.

http://www.jehovahs-witness.net/jw/friends/229571/1/Are-you-TRAPPED-by-your-believing-mate-into-a-hellish-life-of-pretend

I never once commented that my beliefs are rocked. I threw it out there for some healthy debate-nothing more. It was mere speculation. I have heard far more outlandish comments and opinions than this during dinner parties amongst the “friends.

• King Solomon
    King Solomon

Yeah, Bobcat, I suppose that applies, if he's looking for delay tactics that can be used to avoid DFing. Pretty worthless, otherwise: bottom-line is they don't care what anyone cares, unless it's printed by them in a publication.

He might as well just invoke his Constitutional right against self-incrimination (as if THAT'LL carry any weight! JWs don't apply Constitutional principles when dealing with their own, ALTHOUGH that's not from a lack of understanding what the Constitution says: they sure can argue for their 1st amendment right of free speech, which allows them to engage in street-work and knock on doors!)

Tell them you have been doing research to fortify your beliefs and understanding of how Russell came up with 1914 based upon his belief of pyramidology.

Uh-oh: that's the ONE exception that means they don't need to convene a body first, resulting in removing the apostates tongue, and Instant Extra-Strength DF!

• mind blown
    mind blown

AWESOME!

Just in case they come back or call you in, be ready for those two questions.....

• Shawn10538
    Shawn10538

Snap!

• Quendi
    Quendi

It doesn't matter how well constructed an argument is or how sincere your belief, if they don't want to believe it, they won't. When it comes to the WTS and its minions, I think of them in the same low light I would consider the Jewish Sanhedrin. That body had the Son of God in their midst, lined up false witnesses against him, and still couldn't convict him of sedition until he told them who he was. Then they trumped up their blasphemy charge and handed him over. You've said your peace, now follow through by never setting foot in a kingdom hall again. Refuse to answer any summons to "clarify" your thoughts and let them twist in the wind. More than likely, they'll be happy to have you out of their hair and will trouble you no more. If they disfellowship you, let them do it in absentia. Don't give them the satisfaction of an appearance and subsequent inquisition. You'll be much better off.

Quendi

• Balaamsass
    Balaamsass

Please keep us updated. Excellent reasoning. Two elders in ties? ...not elder and servant, elder and wife, elder in jeans........that was an official inquiry.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit