Anonymous Message to Watchtower

by jwleaks 343 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• cedars
    cedars

Miss Led

I just have one question and please forgive my ignorance, but if the whereabouts of this secret archive is located at Patterson, why hasn't there been issued a search warrant to these premises?

Good question. I have no idea.

Cedars

• jamesmahon
    jamesmahon

I think the legality of religious organisation holding such a list and not informing the police is not that clear. I could be wrong though. Does anyone know for certain what US (and possibly New York) law says in this regard

• Aussie Oz
    Aussie Oz

It does not matter us discussing whether this is good or bad. Nor discussing whether it will lead to witch hunts, nor which is the greater wrong!

If this is 'anonymous', and this is their intent, they will do what they will do. If an outside organization wants to take a fight to the WT, they will.

All there is for US to do is grab the popcorn and watch the show, it's not in our hands.

Oz

• cedars
    cedars

Well said, Aussie Oz. We have the luxury of effectively being a third party in this.

Cedars

• jamesmahon
    jamesmahon

Oz

I suspect you are right. But it appears they were made aware of this by a poster on this board which suggests they can be influenced. I also think that they are human beings and do not think we should sit idly by while someone does something to supposedly protect children when in reality it is more likely to do the opposite.

My own opinion is that these people have their own reasons for doing this and protecting children isn't at the top.

• Soldier77
    Soldier77

It doesn't matter what their reasons are for doing this. It will expose the WTBTS for what it is and any "bad press" that is widely known and accepted will keep people from joining this cult.

As for Anonymous themselves, take a look around the web at the damage they've done to the organizations they've gone after. Denial of service attacks is only a skirmish tactic, these guys have hacked into government and corporate databases.

Also, I don't understand how this would not protect the children? This gets out and it puts the pedophile topic at the forefront or people's minds. Imagine them going d2d and the public at large bring this up? Witnesses will try to defend themselves but if the public are prepared, there won't be any converts. Meaning: no converts, no more children indoctrinated, no more children in a pedo's safehaven to abuse.

Another thing, imagine that list coming out and someone finds their name on it and is wrongly accused? Hello lawsuit! Lawsuit = more money drain on the org = less money to further their propaganda.

Go Anonymous!

• Mickey mouse
  • cedars
    cedars

I wonder whether the fact that Anonymous call themselves "legion" might provoke superstitious thoughts among Jehovah's Witnesses, as per the account in Mark 5 about the demon posessed man?

You can just imagine some JWs viewing this little detail as evidence that Anonymous are acting as agents of Satan and his demons.

legion

Cedars

• Chariklo
    Chariklo

Has Anonymous just come to public attention?

I had never heard of them before. How widely known are they?

• jamesmahon
    jamesmahon

Soldier77. You need to read the NSPCC report about what naming convicted pedophiles does in terms of protecting children. These people are not even convicted so the ones who are innocent will be wrongly demonised and the ones who are guilty will just drift into another identity if they have not done so already. Like I said if naming convicted pedophiles is not even supported by organisations set up to protect children. Perhaps we should seek their views on whether this is a good idea? I am guessing it would be a resounding no with genuine concern for children that will be abused because of this action.

And please - do you think that publishing the list of these names is going to stop people becoming witnesses? But the Conti case will not? And think very carefully before you say "well if it stops one person becoming a witness..." because are you sure the costs of doing this are worth that? It may seem counterintuitive but community naming schemes - which is effectively what this does - only have evidence that they produce the exact opposite of what you want to achieve. People need to stop and think why they are ignoring the published evidence by children's charities and getting behind anonymous doing this. I don't like the WTBTS anymore than anyone else here. I would love to see them brought to their knees. But even assuming this attack did that it would not be worth the cost of even one more child being put at harm or one innocent person hounded out of their family and community. Anonymous really could do something far better but I guess it would not be as headline grabbing.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit