Latest WT: "Refusing to appear before a JC is like refusing medical treatment"

by cedars 99 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

I might add that it is like refusing medical treatment that is known to produce more damage than the original disease. Suppose I refuse medical treatment for a little tiny cancer, and it turns out that 90% of those cancers disappear within a month without any treatment. I start taking herbs and vitamins, and within a month the cancer is totally gone. Later, I hear that these cancers are treated with chemo, with a 99% chance of getting another cancer, or dying from the chemo, within 2 years. (Which I suspected, which is why I refused the medical treatment in the first place).

The judicial hearings are no better, except there is a 100% chance that the "cancer" is totally harmless if left alone. Fornication? Homosexuality? So what. The "treatment" is what causes most of the suffering, and generally (in this case, 100%) causes a more serious cancer that will not go away on its own. It causes shame and guilt, stifling natural feelings while promoting self-righteousness and homophobia. And worse, the spiritual condition of the person involved is dragged down. Left alone, a person is going to find true spirituality (maybe not the absolute truth, but anyone else notice that most primitive tribes without access to Judaism, Christi-SCAM-ity, or Islam always seem to find spirituality that actually works). The judicial committee helps to amputate that, and replace it with spiritual stagnation that leads to damnation. Soul degeneration results, and the soul can dissipate totally from this rubbish. Zero percent of patients get better results than doing nothing.

At least with real cancer, a certain percentage actually get better from treatment--which is more than can be said about a judicial hearing.

• Cacky
    Cacky

I also think it's funny they had to put that in print. I've never seen it before. They must be having tons of faders who are doing the "fade" dance. LOL

• 00DAD
    00DAD

Quendi: I once challenged a Witness about the judicial committee arrangement this way: Where in Holy Writ can one find the procedures the WTS lays out for these star chamber proceedings?

Actually, the Judicial Hearing Procedures of Jehovah's Witnesses are Bible Based :

This came up recently in another thread and the subject is so important that I thought it warranted its own thread.

The modern judicial hearing procedures of Jehovah's Witnesses are based on a Bible account.

It's a fairly familiar account. You'll recognize it immediately:

An individual is required to appear before numerous judges against his will. He is not allowed any representation or even anyone to accompany him simply for moral support. He is not told the charges prior to the hearing, nor is he informed what the evidence is against him or who the witnesses will be. He is outnumbered by both his accusers and the judges. No outside, independent observers are allowed to insure that his civil rights are not violated nor are there any formal, public records kept of the judicial proceedings. He stands alone.

Some Points to Ponder:

• Do you recognize this account?
    • Does it sound familiar?
    • As a model for modern day Judicial Hearings of Jehovah's Witnesses, who does the individual represent?
    • Who do the judges represent? Do you think the results of that Biblical judicial proceeding were just or not?
    • Why or why not?

Which side would you have wanted to be on in the Biblical account? Which side, if any, do you find yourself on today?

• Momma-Tossed-Me
    Momma-Tossed-Me

This should be used in court cases to establish how the org views the quality of the elders appointed. They view them as proffesionals. If that is the case then they are culpable by virtue of the qualifications established by the org itself.

• Momma-Tossed-Me
    Momma-Tossed-Me

Oh and one other thing,i was not gven the opportunity to appear before a comittee i was just dfd.

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

"Because of what they perceive as defects in the elders, some individuals who engage in serious wrongdoing in the congregation have refused to appear before a committee of elders assigned to help them. This could be likened to a patient who loses out on the benefits of a treatment because he listens to a dangerous mind control cult instead of the doctor when he is told he needs a blood transfusion with the surgery."

But seriously, this sounds like it is just out there for faithful members to justify shunning or at least avoiding a relative/friend who won't go to the elders. Probably even will push a few to turn someone in for violating the rules, so that they don't miss out on their needed "treatment."

• Quendi
    Quendi

@ 00DAD: I believe you are describing the "judicial committee" trial the Sanhedrin had for Jesus Christ. It is an apt and chilling biblical example of the WTS way of doing things, isn't it?

Quendi

• notjustyet
    notjustyet

I always try to stay away from Doctors that are trying to inject me with poison.

Always,.

NJY

• blindnomore
    blindnomore

Judicial Committee of Jehovah's Witnesses=3 big fat bullying Cats with hammers setting a mouse trap for next poor victim.

Special announcement from Cats: "Come on little mouse, we will fix your crippled tail!"

• blondie
    blondie

So what training have the elders had…as spiritual doctors, how many are busy running around the KH during the meeting, have not even prepared their own parts for the stage, spend most of their time in administrative duties at the conventions/assemblies believing that the information will be in the publications later or they already know this; or the elders that sleep in the back during the elder school, or the ones that have private conversations in the back because they feel they know all this stuff; or the schools that concentrate on the legal aspects of reporting or not reporting child abuse and helping the congregation has no place.

*** it-1 p. 893 Gate, Gateway ***

At the city gates the older men of the city sat in judgment. (De 16:18; 21:18-20; 22:15; 25:7) Even kings at times held audiences or sat in judgment there. (2Sa 19:8; 1Ki 22:10; Jer 38:7) Because the judges, the prominent men of the city, the merchants, the businessmen, and a goodly number of people were usually at the gate, prophets often went there to make proclamations.

(Blondie: not only financial matters were judged but matters regard the Law)

Those found worthy of death by the judges were taken outside the city gates to be executed. (1Ki 21:10-13; Ac 7:58)

(Deuteronomy 16:18)You should set judges and officers for yourself inside all your gates that Jehovah your God is giving you by your tribes, and they must judge the people with righteous judgment.

(Deuteronomy 21:18-20) “In case a man happens to have a son who is stubborn and rebellious, he not listening to the voice of his father or the voice of his mother, and they have corrected him but he will not listen to them, 19 his father and his mother must also take hold of him and bring him out to the older men of his city and to the gate of his place, 20 and they must say to the older men of his city, ‘This son of ours is stubborn and rebellious; he is not listening to our voice, being a glutton and a drunkard.’

(Deuteronomy 22:15) the father of the girl and her mother must also take and bring forth the evidence of the girl’s virginity to the older men of the city at the gate of it;

(Deuteronomy 25:7) “Now if the man finds no delight in taking his brother’s widow, his brother’s widow must then go up to the gate to the older men and say, ‘My husband’s brother has refused to preserve his brother’s name in Israel. He has not consented to perform brother-in-law marriage with me.’

*** it-1p.518Court,Judicial***

The local court was situated at the gate of a city . (De 16:18; 21:19; 22:15, 24; 25:7; Ru 4:1) By “gate” is meant the open space inside the city near the gate. The gates were places where the Law was read to the congregated people and where ordinances were proclaimed. (Ne 8:1-3) At the gate it was easy to acquire witnesses to a civil matter, such as property sales, and so forth, as most persons would go in and out of the gate during the day. Also, the publicity that would be afforded any trial at the gate would tend to influence the judges toward care and justice in the trial proceedings and in their decisions. Evidently there was a place provided near the gate where the judges could comfortably preside. (Job 29:7) Samuel traveled in a circuit of Bethel, Gilgal, and Mizpah and “judged Israel at all these places,” as well as at Ramah, where his house was located.—1Sa 7:16, 17.

The WTS as these judges would like to be able to have jw “wrongdoers” executed taking on the appointment as coming from God. I always wondered why then were not judicial committees public trials as the bible shows they were in Israel, before all the people in the gate openly rather than secret with out the elders and the accused alone. Even the “trial” of Ananias and Sapphira was in the open and there are not details of Corinth and the so-called df’ing there.

"Being limited by the laws of the worldly nation in which we live and also by the laws of God through Jesus Christ, we can take action against apostates only to a certain extent, that is, consistent with both sets of laws. The law of the land and God's law through Christ forbid us to kill apostates, even though they be members of our own flesh-and-blood family relationship. However, God's law requires us to recognize their being disfellowshiped from his congregation, and this despite the fact that the law of the land in which we live requires us under some natural obligation to live with and have dealings with such apostates under the same roof. Satan's influence through the disfellowshiped member of the family will be to cause the other member or members of the family who are in the truth to join the disfellowshiped member in his course or in his position toward God's organization. To do this would be disastrous, and so the faithful family member must recognize and conform to the disfellowship order. How would or could this be done while living under the same roof or in personal, physical contact daily with the disfellowshiped? In this way: By refusing to have religious relationship with the disfellowshiped."
    Watchtower 1952 Nov 15 p.703

---------------------How does the WTS PROVE that judicial committees are scriptural, what scriptures? The term is not even mentioned until 1961 on the WT-CD.

If a “witness” to the badness is proved to be lying do they receive the same punishment as the accused….probably df’ing?

---------If RR still reads (and posts) perhaps he can describe how the Bible Students handle matters of “wrongdoing” in the congregation.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit