Latest WT: "Refusing to appear before a JC is like refusing medical treatment"

by cedars 99 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• sd-7
    sd-7

If you know the doctor is a hack, why would you bother going to him for treatment? Are they trying to make this hypothetical person look stupid because they used common sense?

I remember the elders on my committee talked about wanting to "help" me and whether or not I wanted to "accept the help". In other words, do I want to let them convince me that things that are demonstrably not true at all are in fact true? Well, as Princess Leia said to Lando Calrissian, "We don't need any of your help."

Where was all the 'help' before the committee, by the way? Imagine! A doctor who doesn't have time to see you until you have a life-threatening illness that requires immediate surgery! Sad state of affairs. Better stay healthy, then...

--sd-7

• JW GoneBad
    JW GoneBad

Another indicator that Elders are unfit as spiritual doctors are the rise in divorces, broken families and otherwise strained marriages in the Organization.

Just another day in Paradise!

• bottleofwater
    bottleofwater

Except the doctor has a gun and might use it.

• King Solomon
    King Solomon

You all are being far too kind to JC members, because they actually believe they are MORE POWERFUL and MORE IMPORTANT than doctors, when it comes right down to it.

Why?

They will quote the words of Jesus: "fear not those who can harm the body, but those who can harm the body and the soul". Of course, they sincerely believe (well, at least some must believe) that what matters most is spiritual salvation, and THAT is what life-saving services (spiritual CPR™, if you will) they are able to provide that a mere mortal doctor cannot: he can only save your mortal life (the fool....).

And oddly enough, JWs often view doctors as arrogant jerks (being a doc myself, I can't argue that point: I've met a few arses in the biz who feel they are God's gift to medicine, when maybe some ARE, but most are not. The guys who speak most loudly in all professions are often the one who need to advertise their skills, as they're not on display clinically). HOWEVER, it takes another degree of hubris for Brother (Elder) Window-Washer to think he is on par with, or even SUPERIOR to mortal MD, because of whatever soul-saving services he THINKS he provides to his fellow believer(s), in the name of Spiritual Faith Healing.

BTW, in another recent thread, I got down on those Xians who claim to be faith healers, offering false hope to the sick as a scam conducted in the name of Christ, whether compensated or not (ie simply for the ego gratification or self-satisfaction that results).

JWs aren't "faith healers", but "faith deathers", since they're willing to inflict harm/death on themselves as a result of their mistaken belief/faith in their blood doctrine. Now that not would be so bad if they limited it to themselves (actually, it's darwinism in action, if you think about it....), except they want to drag their minors into it. Now THAT is wrong, depriving a minor of their life, based on a belief to which no minor can be legally capable to give consent...

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

I see more litigation.

Someone feels FORCED to go before JC; suffers at the hands of these dumbass window washers; commits suicide.

Call in the lawyers as they had NO CHOICE in the matter of meeting with them.

Doc

OH, and what if the DEFECTS are NOT just perceived?

What if they really are DEFECTIVE WINDOW WASHERS?

Doc

• Farkel
    Farkel

:"Refusing to appear before a JC is like refusing medical treatment"

Refusing to appear before a JC is like refusing to have your fingernails pulled out one-by-one.

Farkel

• Quendi
    Quendi

I once challenged a Witness about the judicial committee arrangement this way: Where in Holy Writ can one find the procedures the WTS lays out for these star chamber proceedings? If he could find it anywhere, then I told him I would humble myself and return to the kingdom hall and submit to the elders. His embarrassed looks and uncomfortable silence said it all. I looked at him and said, "That's exactly what I thought!" That's when we moved on to other things.

Quendi

• NVR2L8
    NVR2L8

JWs advocate freedom to refuse treatment when it comes to blood transfusion even when the doctors bring the matter to the courts. Likewise they should respect the individual's right to refuse to participate in their internal "judicial" process...But JWs don't like to treat others like they demand to be treated!

• twinkle toes
    twinkle toes

Who would go to a doctor they knew was going to kill them?

tt

• clearpoison
    clearpoison

Usually if you are not certain or unsatisfied with doctor's recommendations you are tend to ask another opinion. How would this work with JC?

About the videogame guy we know this much that it wasn't Andre as his name was not mentioned.

CP

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit