Latest WT: "Refusing to appear before a JC is like refusing medical treatment"

by cedars 99 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Momma-Tossed-Me
    Momma-Tossed-Me

Quendi is spot on in this case.

• 00DAD
    00DAD

Billy: the REAL reason they demand 'confidentiality', it's to protect the JC from embarrassment, and mostly it's about control. Judicial committees are just another level of JW cult tactics.

That's the truth!

• kurtbethel
    kurtbethel

The analogy is a bad one on its face. It could apply if it compared the elders to quack doctors who were practicing medicine without a license and had several dead patients on their record.

• Aussie Oz
    Aussie Oz

this is their way of bullying the rank and file.

General society figures people who refuse to go to the doctors or take their advice are idiots, nobody wants to be thought of as an idiot or some sort of mentally ill twit.

the watchtower gives the message that you are stigmatized by being an the same if you dont go to the JC.

oz

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

Resurrected this thread of a month ago because I have read the whole article on line and feel ahgry ..It seels to lionize the elders and turn them into strutting figures of importance . The cong (apparently) must not complain if they do wrong. The idea being that God put them there and only God can take them away ! Page 13

7 Obviously, such a spirit [stet Worldly, argumentative] has no place in the Christian congregation. That is why there is a need for caution in this regard. Older men in the congregation are not perfect, just as they were not perfect in Moses’ day and in the apostle John’s time. Elders may make mistakes that affect us personally. If that happens, how inappropriate it would be for any member of the congregation to react according to the world’s spirit, vehementlydemanding “justice” or that “something be done about this brother”! Jehovah may choose to overlook certain minor failings. Can we not do the same?

8 To avoid that kind of spirit, we can remember that Jesus is pictured in the Bible as having “in his right hand seven stars.” The “stars” represent the anointed overseers and, by extension, all the overseers in the congregations. Jesus can direct the “stars” in his hand in any way he feels appropriate. (Rev. 1:16, 20) Thus, as Head of the Christian congregation, Jesus has full control of the bodies of elders. If someone on a body truly needs correction, the One who has “eyes as a fiery flame” will see to it that this is done in His own time and way.In the meantime, we maintain proper respect for those appointed by holy spirit,

So again, their divine appointment by H/S is emphasised..What can poor Sister Oppressed say about them? Re the Rev 1.16 scripture, in my day it was limited to annointed elders in the 1st Century but now it is liberally used for all of them

• sir82
    sir82

They can justify an awful lot by that little phrase, "by extension".

I expect we'll be seeing a lot more of it in years to come. Its use may trail only references to "Matt. 24:45-47" in WT study articles.

• jgnat
    jgnat

If I have a dispute with my doctor, I go for a second opinion. And as others have pointed out, the doctor does not come knocking on my door demanding a visit. With several of his peers. To set me straight.

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

They've setup an authoritarian foundation on which they can build their injustice and exploitation.

"Jehovah may choose to overlook certain minor failings."

So Jehovah chose to overlook the pedophiles in the congregation as if sexual molestation of children is trivial? Has Jehovah changed his mind now that "Satan's System" demands justice for these innocent victims. Or is Jehovah still choosing to overlook the child abuse that is going on in Kingdom Halls?

• King Solomon
    King Solomon

There's just no way to read that statement from WTBTS such that it doesn't come off as dismissive and condescending....

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

Translation: "The local elders, CO, and branch may choose to ignore the idiocy and injustice that you would like to see corrected."

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit