Latest WT: "Refusing to appear before a JC is like refusing medical treatment"

by cedars 99 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• minimus
    minimus

like refusing to take blood???

• Pistoff
    Pistoff

Jesus has full control of the bodies of elders

That may be the single funniest line I have read in years.

Does that mean he was controlling Gil when he was window peeping the sisters in the congregation?

Was he controlling the committee that acquitted him of all charges because he denied it?

Jesus, controlling the elders!!

Jesus must be ASLEEP AT THE F**CKING WHEEL!

• Pistoff
    Pistoff

Does that mean that Jesus inspired the body of elders to tell Bill he must have misunderstood it when Richard stuck his hand down his underwear while he was asleep on a camping trip?

Apparently Jesus is a wimpy little suck up, just towin' the party line, who needs his gold brickin' ass fired!

I will have to re-evaluate.

I thought Jesus was someone else entirely.

• whathappened
    whathappened

The elders must love all the juicy details of the sins of congregation members since their lives are so devoid of any excitment and fun at all.

• 3rdgen
    3rdgen

I agree with all the coments so far. Attending a comittee meeting with these spiritual hacks is pointless for those who have already awakened.

However, those that still believe that the Watchtower is Gods "spirited directed organization" probably should attend their trial/meeting. The shock of being beaten when they came in for help might be what they actually NEED to jolt them into leaving for good. I say this because I have a JW friend who constantly complains about nearly everything about the GB and the Elders yet refuses to quit saying "We need to wait on Jah to correct things" If he were disfellowshipped I'm pretty sure he would not come back.

In other words he thinks the doctors just need a little tweaking and they would be fine. He needs them to botch his "operation" before he gets it.

my 2 cents

• ziddina
    ziddina
    "...some individuals who engage in serious wrongdoing in the congregation have refused to appear before a committee of elders assigned to help them. This could be likened to a patient who loses out on the benefits of a treatment because he does not like something about the doctor." OP

f

Oh, the arrogance....

Decrying higher education for over 100 years, and then having the unmitigated gall to compare elders on a judicial committee to "doctors"...

Whatta buncha marooons...

• ziddina
    ziddina
    Anyone can call themselves a doctor.
    -Sab (comment #9134 bottom of page #3)

Ironically, in the same manner, anyone can claim to be a "prophet", simply by declaring that they have been privy to some form of "divine" communication...

Zid she devil smiley

• Doubting Bro
    Doubting Bro

To avoid that kind of spirit, we can remember that Jesus is pictured in the Bible as having “in his right hand seven stars.” The “stars” represent the anointed overseers and, by extension, all the overseers in the congregations. Jesus can direct the “stars” in his hand in any way he feels appropriate.

So, really the Conti lawsuit should have been against Jesus as opposed to the WTS since he's directly directing all overseers in the congregations to cover up child abuse. Good Lord, even the RCC doesn't go that far.

I am amazed at how delusional JWs are. I used to think that Jesus was directing the elders until I became one and realized that I didn't feel anything different.

• Pistoff
    Pistoff

I just can't remember ever reading that JESUS controlled the elder bodies.

I heard breathless assurances that the holy spirit guided selection of elders, but Jesus having a direct hand in controlling the elders just sounds so crazy and desperate.

Jesus, with your local STARS in his hand.

That is so heart warming.

Until you learn they said that since little Janelle was only 7 years old, she could not have known what rape was, therefore she wasn't raped by her older brother, and her older brother walks the congregation freely AND goes door to door.

Come on, Jesus, do your job man.

• 00DAD
    00DAD

Bumping this really important thread because (IMHO) it needs to be bumped!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit