Latest WT: "Refusing to appear before a JC is like refusing medical treatment"

by cedars 99 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• flipper
    flipper

Really hilarious if not a moronic comparison by the WT society . Actually- My health really improved when I stood the elders up and didn't appear at my scheduled initial JC meeting. Not only that - I didn't attend the initial JC meeting , yet still had my DFing overturned at the next JC appeal meeting. And I'm probably the only person on record to call the elders " assholes " ( yet still get my DFing overturned ) while ordering them off my doorstep when they initially told me they were DFing me. Taking your power back from these guys can really be fun, invigorating, and life affirming - really

• blondie
    blondie

It's like realizing the doctor is incompetent and has injured or killed many of his patients...time to get a competent doctor.

• Sheep2slaughter
    Sheep2slaughter

Isn't medical treatment optional? I will use this paragraph to justify my refusal to meet next time they ask. "Let me alone, get "spiritually sick"(in your extremely harsh, crital, judgmental eyes) and let me die(so say you haters)."

• 00DAD
    00DAD

"This could be likened to a patient who loses out on the benefits of a treatment because he does not like something about the doctor."

Um, you can always choose to see another doctor or get a second opinion or even a third. Patients decide which "treatment" they will accept and which they won't.

What if you don't like/agree with the "diagnosis" of the judicial committee 1 ? Can you go somewhere else for a second opinion? Can you refuse their "treatment" under the doctrine of Informed Consent? No.

Can a JW after meeting with a committee say, "Thanks but I don't want the DF-ing option. But I will take Public Reproof"? No.

Stupid analogy.

1 - If it's a "committee" it's judicial or at least heading that way. Sneaky the way they avoid using that word. Bastards.

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

cedars:

It probably bothers the religion that they have no REAL authority to summon anybody like in the days of the Inquisition. They must hate it that people in the congregations have no respect for them anymore but more importantly, no fear.

I hate to be vulgar, but I wonder if it was a sexual thrill to some power-hungry man in the back room to see some poor JW looking for approval (but it wasn't ME looking for their approval). God, I hate these idiots and their presumption of authority!

I have nothing but anger and contempt for the whole thing.

• edmond dantes
    edmond dantes

Jehovah Witnesses JC = Nazis Party tactics .

" You do not accept our glorious leaders words of admonishment you are sick and are eligble to be exterminated at the forth coming battle of World cleansing you must report at once for corrective thinking. "

Heil Watchtower Governing Body !

• JW GoneBad
    JW GoneBad

You're damn right WT! If I perceive a defect, like poor bedside manners, in my health care provider.....it is Adios!

Likewise with the JW elders. I've seen plenty of defects among elders. For starters: Elders not presiding over their own households. Add to that, the amount of serious problems prevalent in the congregation that elders are having to deal with unsuccessfully. If elders can't manage their own family problems, much less congregation issues, why in the hell would I want to burden them with mine? I'd rather pay a licensed and well educated shrink!

Crap! Our elders have a problem with just arranging to get the toilets cleaned properly and having the paper dispensers kept full!

• Scott77
    Scott77

Really hilarious if not a moronic comparison by the WT society . Actually- My health really improved when I stood the elders up and didn't appear at my scheduled initial JC meeting. Not only that - I didn't attend the initial JC meeting , yet still had my DFing overturned at the next JC appeal meeting. And I'm probably the only person on record to call the elders " assholes " ( yet still get my DFing overturned ) while ordering them off my doorstep when they initially told me they were DFing me. Taking your power back from these guys can really be fun, invigorating, and life affirming - really . Peace out, Mr. Flipper
    flipper

flipper, yep very true, I could not agree more. flipper , many ways to go

Scott77

• Mickey mouse
    Mickey mouse

And then sometimes the threat of a JC results in hospitalisation. How ironic.

• zoiks
    zoiks

Health care providers don't issue summons to come take your medicine, nor to they take it upon themselves to punish you for not seeking their care.

A close friend was recently disfellowshiped for refusing his JC 'invite'. That was actually the stated reason.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit