Governing body member engaged... Again!

by OneDayillBeFree 130 Replies latest jw experiences

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

What rule (or whatever word) did he break?

• caliber
  • neverscreamagain
    neverscreamagain

I guess you are asking what "made up, pulled out of our ass, WT rule" has he broken. Depending on which elder body and their intent, the infractions could be legion. And no doubt some would also also be "brazen".

As for what real violation he would be culpable of, I say more power to him. It's his business. I hope that his future bride is young, nubile and hot. Might shock the sheep into having a thought for a change.

As to the "made up" rules, I have seen elders removed for marrying quickly after the death of a spouse, and also marrying a much younger wife. Scandalous and shocking the "norms of the community" and setting the toungues to wagging in the hall. Wasn't demonstating the quality of being "serious". Lost the respect of the congregation. Perhaps to the point of "stumbling" someone maybe even a new one in the faith.

The point is that if this nonsense is enforced on the rank and file, it is a double standard not to enforce it on the mucky mucks. It's blatant hypocrisy.

Further, in view of the down-sizing and sending home thousands as being no londer needed, why should an exception be made for his future wife to be allowed in. As alluded to earlier in these posts, that is very unlikely. I'm not sure of the current count of single brothers that are there now, but I bet that there are at least a thousand that if they requested to have a wife join them it would be refused or they would have to leave to marry. Same standard should apply! In fact he should set the right example and leave and then marry. Would show humility.

In view of the past and current rules laid down on the rank and file, the governing body do not get "a pass" on anything that shows up their hypocrisy.

• NOLAW
    NOLAW

When Bro Jackson hits the launchpad I suppose she will receive holy spirit and will be one of the 3rd overlapping generation. Maybe even grab the opportunity to become a GB member herself.

• therevealer
    therevealer

Yes Slim -- Glen Howe. He had pretty much hero status because of the many cases he won for the society. But when he married an overly young chick (yes I know, overly young by whose standards) many I knew in the congos here were quite taken aback.

• Balaamsass
    Balaamsass

AHHHH I rememeber when Dan Sidlyck brought his nubile young wife to Bethel. I was assigned to his table on weekends..the whole thing was uncomfortable for me :). She sat almost directly across from me Dan wanted to dominate conversations, and didn't like light polite "Chit-chat". I felt sorry for her in a way, the poor chump who sat next to her got a crush on her and told Dan "he shouldn't belittle his wife" ..ohh boy... not smart Sherlock. That guy was gone gone gone from Bethel soon after.

• Simon Morley
    Simon Morley

How loving is that. It is not likely she is is a paid up cracker nibbler/wine sipper so that would be realy unloving to create an emotional and (gulp) physical attachment and then knock off to join the others in heaven. After all is not his heavenly calling immenent? Are we not just soooo close to the end that we should take count of the cost? In this case he made the decision not in his heart but rather 6 inches below his navel. Daringhart13: I am with you - I still find it hard that I was teaching at conventions. I would find it very difficult to justify an orpganization that has with (great accelleration over the last 5 years) morped into something that is bordering on undefendable.

• smiddy
    smiddy

Da Cheech

Didn`t you mean to say prick of the clitter ?

smiddy

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

This thread needs pictures.

• Momma-Tossed-Me
    Momma-Tossed-Me

i am sure this was an arranged thing and she was properly vetted i am sure. some of the other posters are right there are a long list of uber parents willing to offer up their daughter for vip access

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit