Any other churches call themselves the 'truth'??

by Beck_Melbourne 73 Replies latest jw friends

• jhine
    jhine

Full disclosure l haven't read all the posts . I am just commenting on the OP .

Most of you must know that l am Anglican, Church of England . I have never heard anyone claim that Anglicans are the Truth.

I became a Christian through some Baptists. Then l moved out of the area . My Baptist friends gave me this advice " find a church where you feel at home , where you feel that you are getting good, Biblical teaching " No mention of find your nearest Baptist church.

I have never heard any religious group ( other than Jws ) who claim to be the Truth.

Jan from Tam

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

Yes Christadelphians do use this phrase.

• NotFormer
    NotFormer

slimboyfat (everytime I read your name, I hear "Weapon of Choice going through my head 😸): I thought if anyone could confirm that, it'd be you 👍

Jan, we mainstream Christians tend to refer to Jesus as "the Truth" (John 14:6), not our denominations.

• TonusOH
    TonusOH

I just assumed that every religion saw itself that way; I wasn't aware that it was a trait mostly unique to JWs. But I also cannot recall any non-JWs doing it. I guess it gets mixed up with phrases like "you think you have the truth, but you do not." I don't know when that began, though it is the kind of thing that Rutherford would have liked. A way to differentiate themselves while also poking everyone else in the eye.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit