Any other churches call themselves the 'truth'??

by Beck_Melbourne 73 Replies latest jw friends

• Yadirf
    Yadirf

peterstride

With the above in mind, plus everything else that has been posted in these boards about the WTS, can you honestly answer that the WTS is the only true religion that can be called the truth?
    The answer is YES. I've read tons of the stuff you're referring to, and it hasn't disturbed me the least bit.

Now will you answer my question?

Here it is again, quoted. How would you answer the question?

The expression, "The Truth", is perfectly fitting for the only true Christian religion, namely Jehovah's Witnesses. All other so-called "Christian" religions sprang up from the seed that Satan planted. (Matthew 13:24-30) Since Jesus' illustration shows that both -- the weeds AND the wheat -- are to be found coexisting right on up until the "harvest", then "The Truth" should be evident TODAY. So for those who believe Jesus' words, and yet think the JW religion isn't "The Truth", they have a question to answer --> Then which "Christian" religion IS?
  • peterstride
    peterstride

Yadirf...the fact that you're not disturbed by what the WTS is doing says a lot about you, and not in the most flattering light. You really have to have blinders on not to be affected by what the WTS is doing. You remind me of little old ladies that see only the good that their maistream religion has done, and don't want to hear anything to the contrary. Why not? Because their whole world would come crumbling down, wouldn't it? Everything they believed in would crumble....

Where's your quote taken from? A WTS publication where they're trying to prove that only the WTS has the truth? Come on Yadirf...any religion/cult/sect can use the same words that you're quoting to try to say that they're the only one true religion, and if they're not, who is then? You really don't see through that?

In an earlier post I said:

As far as I'm concerned, no religion can call itself the truth....all religions are made of imperfect humans.
    That's my answer.

Peter

• Will Power
    Will Power

Yardif you asked:
    Don't you know that "heaven" is the abode of spirit creatures, not man?

Are you putting all bets on the flesh? I thought you were a bible man?

• cornish
    cornish

Yardiff
    Thr illustration of the wheat and the weeds has absolutely nothing to do with true and false religions,Remember that the weeds were intersown amongst the weeds,so it was an illustration pertaining to individuals not religious groups,if Jesus was reffering to groups then he would have given an illustration of a corner or part of the field with wheat alone.

• Yadirf
    Yadirf

cornish

Thr illustration of the wheat and the weeds has absolutely nothing to do with true and false religions,Remember that the weeds were intersown amongst the weeds,so it was an illustration pertaining to individuals not religious groups,if Jesus was reffering to groups then he would have given an illustration of a corner or part of the field with wheat alone.
    I knew that eventually someone here would present the argument you just have, which is in reality no argument at all.

The thing that you're failing to take into consideration is the fact that ALL "individuals" who are *true* Christians find themselves collected together in what is called a congregation (a "religious group"), while at the same time refusing to congregate/associate with false Christians. Unlike the churches of Christendom, unrepentant unfaithful "individuals" are expelled from the congregations of Jehovah's Witnesses. So, contrary to the way you would like for it to be, the "wheat" will all be found in a "group". And the same is true of the "weeds" of Jesus' illustration too, in that such ones ALL find a comfortable "Church Home" within Christendom's places of "worship", as part of a "group", and have hardly no worries at all of ever getting "disfellowshipped".

Yadirf

Daniel 11:35 ... a KEY prophecy that must be fulfilled before the "time of the end" gets underway.

• Will Power
    Will Power

"Unlike the churches of Christendom unrepentant unfaithful "individuals" are expelled from the congregations of Jehovah's Witnesses."

Expelled at the whims of "men" for sincere questions about these teachings of "men"? Judge not lest ye be judged.

Are you putting all bets on the flesh?

• Yadirf
    Yadirf

Will Power

"Unlike the churches of Christendom unrepentant unfaithful "individuals" are expelled from the congregations of Jehovah's Witnesses." -- Yadirf.

Expelled at the whims of "men" for sincere questions about these teachings of "men"? Judge not lest ye be judged. -- Will Power.

That's a outright untruth. Those "sincere questions" you refer to were accompanied with the desire to disturb the peace of the congregation, which is intolerable.

Are you putting all bets on the flesh?
    There will in fact be those ones that "go to heaven", for a purpose. When that purpose is accomplished then they will return to earth. Absolutely no earthling was ever intended to permanently change form and location, the same being true of the angels (they're being punished for that very thing, remember? Tartarus?). Had Adam remained obedient to God's instructions the need would never have arisen for any from among mankind to "go to heaven". That fact itself should make you *think*.

Daniel 11:35 ... a KEY prophecy that must be fulfilled before the "time of the end" gets underway.

• Yadirf
    Yadirf

peterstride

...any religion/cult/sect can use the same words that you're quoting [Matthew 13:24-30] to try to say that they're the only one true religion, and if they're not, who is then? You really don't see through that?
    So the fact is that you DON'T believe what Jesus said, because you deny what he said. You condemn yourself with your own tongue.
  • FreePeace
    FreePeace

Hi Beck,

There is a group known as the "2x2's" and "The Church Without a Name," who use the term, "The Truth." There are also many other similarities between them and the Dubs. Here are some links you may find interesting:

http://home.earthlink.net/~truth/
    http://www.religioustolerance.org/chr_2x2.htm

There are also other links on the sites above.

Hope this helps!

FreePeace
    "The World is my country, and to do good, my religion." --Thomas Paine
    TruthQuest: http://beam.to/truthquest
    Who Am I? -How to Reinvent Yourself After Leaving the WTS

• Will Power
    Will Power

Y
    "Those "sincere questions" you refer to were accompanied with the desire to disturb the peace of the congregation, which is intolerable."

Every One? Are You Sure?
    Should the peace you describe be kept in darkness? Why not take the big leap to the light and get out of the maze?

"Absolutely no earthling was ever intended to permanently change form and location"

So what is heaven? Synonym - paradise?
    An actual place? The plaides? (sp?)
    Or is - with God? Is God in the Flesh?
    Is that why the flesh means nothing?
    If you are not with God as Adam (metaphorically man) was in the beginning then where are you?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit