Any other churches call themselves the 'truth'??

by Beck_Melbourne 73 Replies latest jw friends

• Danielson
    Danielson

I conceed Bro, Jesus didnt use the word they. Touche Man! By the way is that scripture you use your answer for EVERYTHING?See ya!

• apostate man
    apostate man

Yadirf wrote:

You gotta be joking again! You, a fellow Pentecostal with Richard Roberts -- the son of Oral Roberts -- "don't know" the man? That's hilarious! Where have you been? (Yadirf rolling on the floor laughing uncontrollably.)
    Sorry yadirf, I am not accustomed to following people, it was God they told us to follow. Richard Roberts and Oral Roberts means nothing to me, they have no bearing on my salvation. The fact that Oral was famous doesn't ammount to a hill of beans in my book. I suggest you stop following a follower and start following God.
  • LaraCraft
    LaraCraft

Doesn't EVERY church insist they are the one true religion???????????

• mindfield
    mindfield

Guys, it's obvious this little scuttle with Yadirf is going to get you absolutely nowhere. Sure, you may feel you have a case and excellent arguments to back them up, but why waste them on Yadirf? He's just basically a FredHall clone with improved language. See how the thread went off? It went from "Any other churches call themselves the 'truth'" to arguments against and for the WT being this truth. Either start another thread, or ignore this guy.

Of course, that's my immature opinion, isn't it, Yadirf? Hmmm...

• Danielson
    Danielson

Mindfield youre right DUDE I'm out.Yirdif, youre still the man!

• NotFormer
    NotFormer

I just found this old thread. If no-one said it, I think that the Christadelphians refer to their beliefs as "the Truth".

But the real reason I brought this BTTT is to ask about JW apologists like yadirf. What happened to them? Are there no JWs convinced enough of their rightness that they would come to this board to let the apostates have it?

There are a few here who still have some sympathy for some WT doctrine, but think that the society or the GB is corrupt; they're not of the same ilk as yadirf and people like him from the early years of this discussion board. Has the enthusiasm for WT apologetics dried up?

• Vanderhoven7
    Vanderhoven7

I think Scholar and Fisherman are still onboard altho they haven't been too vocal of late.

• NotFormer
    NotFormer

Even Fisherman sounds like he has doubts, that the JW religion is basically right, but that its leadership is somewhat letting it down. I haven't seen scholar around on recent threads.

• peacefulpete
  • Biahi
    Biahi

I’ve heard the Mormons say they have the truth. I think Scientology does, too. 😂

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit