Any other churches call themselves the 'truth'??

by Beck_Melbourne 73 Replies latest jw friends

• Satanus
    Satanus

Beck

Religions going under the name 'way' were jesus' followers and of course daoists. Daoists attempt to align themselves w the way, the dao. This basically existed since about 400 yrs before jesus' way, and still exists, while jesus' way was subsumed into chritianity.

SS

• avengers
    avengers

The Moslems have the Truth.
    The Taliban has the Truth.
    The Mormons have the Truth.
    The Free Masons have the Truth.
    The Jehovah's Witnesses have the Truth.

Anyone care to add?

Truth cannot be changed. Man's understanding of truth however, can.

• apostate man
    apostate man

I give ya a high five on that, peterstrive. Tear it up brother!!

Anyway, All religions consider themselves to be the "truth". Why would anyone want to be a part of one that didn't? What I recommend to people looking for the truth is to study the Bible and find the religion that best suits their own beliefs. Talk with co-workers, friends, get some ideas of what religions are around. Have a Bible study and ask 2 or 3 people from different religions to come over. The one that remains the most christian like would be a good start. Also, it doesn't hurt to research the head of that church, like the WT, for good example.

I am no expert on religion, by no degree, but I would definately stay away from JW's (obviously), Mormons, non-christian religions, Satanic religions and trinitarian religions. That only leaves one religion left, the one I was raised in! Imagine that, haha. (no, we never handled snakes)

• Yadirf
    Yadirf

apostate man

That only leaves one religion left, the one I was raised in! Imagine that, haha. (no, we never handled snakes)
    You gotta be joking!!! Pentecostal? You're one of them that gets down on the floor, completely out of control? I once watched ole Richard Roberts go down to the floor on TV ... all consumed with what I think they refer to as the "laughing syndrome". Can't imagine anything more demonic, myself.
  • ChristFollower
    ChristFollower

Yadirf,

I do not believe that my religion is infallible - that would be idolatry. Are JW's idolaters of the WT?

I also believe that people are saved despite religion, not because of it.

Jesus Christ saves, not a "borg" WT Organization.

It is degrees of "truth" that religions have. Some have 90% (none have 100%!), while others have 10%. Belonging to the "truth" does not get you saved, belonging to Jesus Christ is what gets you saved.

I am a member of a church that I believe is closest to Bible teachings, and is available in my city. I fully believe, however, that there are those who are Lutherans, Baptists, and even Catholics who are saved and are going to heaven.

• Yadirf
    Yadirf

peterstride

Oh, I do believe the bible....haven't you heard that you shouldn't assume things because you might make an ass of yourself?
    Then why did you sidestep the question that I posed earlier?

Here it is again, quoted. How would you answer the question?

The expression, "The Truth", is perfectly fitting for the only true Christian religion, namely Jehovah's Witnesses. All other so-called "Christian" religions sprang up from the seed that Satan planted. (Matthew 13:24-30) Since Jesus' illustration shows that both -- the weeds AND the wheat -- are to be found coexisting right on up until the "harvest", then "The Truth" should be evident TODAY. So for those who believe Jesus' words, and yet think the JW religion isn't "The Truth", they have a question to answer --> Then which "Christian" religion IS?
  • Yadirf
    Yadirf

ChristFollower

It is degrees of "truth" that religions have. Some have 90% (none have 100%!), while others have 10%. Belonging to the "truth"....

You're getting *accuracy* of knowledge confused with being in "The Truth".

I am a member of a church that I believe is closest to Bible teachings, and is available in my city. I fully believe, however, that there are those who are Lutherans, Baptists, and even Catholics who are saved and are going to heaven.
    So you're going to heaven, are you? Don't you know that "heaven" is the abode of spirit creatures, not man? Well, since you're so set on it, let me ask: Which particular heaven do you figure that you'll occupy? You do know that there are FOUR of them, don't you?

• peterstride
    peterstride

Well Yadirf, you never responded to what I posted before your question....In fact you sidestepped it and tried to bring up something else....and again there you go blaming someone else for something that you yourself are guilty of.

Here is what I posted earlier, as a question towards you:
    ------------------------------------------------------------

With the WTS, can you call it the truth when their doctrines keep changing?
    -The 1914 generation that will see Armagedon, something promised in the bible (according to the masthead of the Watchtower for many many years), and suddenly, they won't see Armagedon (as of 1995 when the WTS changed that)?
    -The ever changing blood policy, where little by little (starting with vaccinations & Rh shots that ARE made from human blood), more and more blood components are put on the "it's up to your concience brother/sister" list....where now more than half of all blood components are on the allowed list of JWs to accept.
    -pedophiles in the organization that are being sheltered (because of the two witness rule...come on, how many pedophiles will molest kids with two people as witnesses?), no matter what the WTS's PR people are publicly saying.
    -the WTS involvement in the UN (in order to get access to 3rd world countries as a humanitarian aid agency...even though they provide virtually no humanitarian aid...and to get free flights for their missionaries among the many reasons they really did it), and as soon it became public knowledge, they pulled out of the UN, blaming their oponents.
    The list can go on and on....the WTS can certainly NOT claim to have the truth when their "truths" keep changing, NOT evolving as they claim, and certainly NOT improving and getting brighter according to better understanding of the bible. In some instances, the changes they say is new light, in fact return the organization to a policy they already had in the past! Think about that.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------
    With the above in mind, plus everything else that has been posted in these boards about the WTS, can you honestly answer that the WTS is the only true religion that can be called the truth?

I grew up in the WTS and for the longest time I considered myself very fortunate to be in the only true religion. More than anything I wanted this to be true. However, when I found out, and also realized little by little, that the WTS wasn't as clean and pure as they claimed to be....well, I did lots of research to try to prove to myself that my doubts weren't right. Guess what? They were right. The easy thing to do would have been to go along with the crowd...in this case, the JWs I was associating with, and not rock the boat. But, how can a man go against his concience?

I'm just surprised that you're here in these boards. Loyal JWs (according to the WTS) should not be going to what the WTS considers apostate web-sites. Or talking to ex-JWs, as in your case.

What is the real purpose of your being here Yadirf? So far, you seem to antagonize and turn people off, with the result that many just skip over your posts and don't bother reading them (from what posters here have e-mailed me privately to tell me, or when we meet at Apostofests). You're not a knight in shining armor. So, what are you?

Sincerely,

Peter Stride
    Toronto, Canada

• DazedAndConfused
    DazedAndConfused

IMO, the "truth" comes from the 10 commandments and what Jesus added to that while He was on earth. Also, IMO, if a movement goes beyond this criteria, they are presuming way too much.

Now, granted, there can be much in the way of arguementation as to (who, what, where, when, and why) but (again IMO, the 10 commandments handles the bulk of what mankind can do).

AGAIN, (IMO), the Jewish Nation lost their special spot in God's heart. Who of us can disagree with that? They rejected the very person whom they were looking for, for many generations.

AGAIN...IMO...once the Jewish Nation lost their favor with God...it becomes an open market for anyone with the right heart condition.

Let's hear that again:

Once the Jewish Nation lost their favor with Jehovah...it is open market for those with a good heart conditon to serve God.

After all, from what I see from ANY Bible...faith is WITH works...it does not say, since Jesus was on earth.

I DO NOT SEE BY THE SCRIPTURES that we are of a race, just that if we have a good heart condition.

• plmkrzy
    plmkrzy

DazedAndConfused

[[[[IMO, the "truth" comes from the 10 commandments and what Jesus added to that while He was on earth. Also, IMO, if a movement goes beyond this criteria, they are presuming way too much.]]]]]

Actually "The Ten Commandments" were more like "The EightHundred Commandments"
    You think Moses was up on that Mountain all that time taking down Ten commandments? While everyone got sick and tired of waiting for him and decided to forget him and party on?

plm

"The fellow that agrees with everything you say is either a fool or he is getting ready to skin you."
    - Kin Hubbard

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit