Any other churches call themselves the 'truth'??

by Beck_Melbourne 73 Replies latest jw friends

• Danielson
    Danielson

UHHHHHHHHHHHHH YARDIFF? I like have to correct U brother!seems your not in line with Jws so you MUST BE A FELLOW APOSTATE!FOR a fact U sshould know JWs teach the annointed are goin to heaven PERMENENTLY not COMING BACK TO EARTH!!!!! WELCOME TO THE FOLD BROTHER!!

• collegegirl
    collegegirl

In my local paper today, in the letters to teh editor section, there were many letters regarding an article that ran last week about teh catholic church... the letters were all very interesting, but one woman in particular ended her letter this way:

"It is clear that only the Catholic Church can validly claim the ecclesiastical, doctrinal and historical connection to the church in the Scriptures."

Pretty interesting..... Wonder if she has ever talked to a JW. hahahaha

• apostate man
    apostate man

Hey backwards fridaY person, you obviously think backwards all the time since you wrote this before you thought, you said:

You gotta be joking!!! Pentecostal? You're one of them that gets down on the floor, completely out of control? I once watched ole Richard Roberts go down to the floor on TV ... all consumed with what I think they refer to as the "laughing syndrome". Can't imagine anything more demonic, myself.
    You should have been a good little JW and read your bible more, and not all that WT stuff crammed down your throat. Yes, laughing is a gift from God as well as many other things. I bet you do think laughing is demonic, since all JW's seem to avoid laughter(at least the ones I know).
    Maybe this Richard Roberts did have a demon, I dont know him. There are always some few bad apples in every bunch, there are always people claiming they are something that they are not(ie. WT being the truth), but don't knock it 'til you've tried it. Unlike a JW, I can back up ALL of my beliefs with scripture, but this is a JW site, now isn't it?
  • Satanus
    Satanus
    Those "sincere questions" you refer to were accompanied with the desire to disturb the peace of the congregation, which is intolerable.

*** Rbi8 Deuteronomy 17:11-12 ***
    12 And the man who will behave with presumptuousness in not listening to the priest who is standing to minister there to Jehovah your God or to the judge, that man must die; and you must clear out what is bad from Israel.

I guess friday is right. But then the preists that jesus wasn't listening to were right as well. Killing him is exactly what the bible said to do. The priests, standing there minstering to jehovah were doing what they were supposed to when they killed jesus for presumptuoussly disturbing their congregation.

SS still talking to fenceposts

• Yadirf
    Yadirf

Kenneson

Yardiff asked Christ follower "Which particular heaven do you figure you'll occupy?"
    And we can respond "Which particular heaven do you figure the Watchtower's 'anointed' will occupy?"
    They all (precisely 144,000) will be in the 4th Heaven (for the duration of precisely 1,000 years) -- where only Jehovah and Michael (Jesus) have lived for ages upon ages. They will literally be above the angels (who live in the 3rd Heaven), thereby in a position to judge those of them that had sinned in Noah's day by having taken on fleshly bodies in order to copulate with the daughters of men. -- 1 Corinthians 6:3.

• Yadirf
    Yadirf

apostate man

Maybe this Richard Roberts did have a demon, I dont know him.
    You gotta be joking again! You, a fellow Pentecostal with Richard Roberts -- the son of Oral Roberts -- "don't know" the man? That's hilarious! Where have you been? (Yadirf rolling on the floor laughing uncontrollably.)

• Yadirf
    Yadirf

Room 215

Strange, for all their bragging about being only genuine Christians on the globe, they've botched the two most fundamental tenets of Christianity; The Lord's Evening Meal and Baptism, in both cases vitiating their significance by superimposing onto them their specious sectarian dogma.
    Oh, so you've noticed a difference in the manner in which the WTS handles those two matters as contrasted with the way Christendom goes about it. That's real keen and observant of you. The fact is though that such "difference" is a proper difference. Yes, there are MANY differences between the WTS and Christendom ... but that's only partially what makes it "The Truth".
  • Will Power
    Will Power

Y
    I think he was comparing the baptism and evening meal being so different from the bible's account, not anyone elses.

In the name of the father, son and the spirit directed organization?
    huh?

Attending the memorial and denying themselves the bread of life, the living water, the symbol which Christ described as his body & blood.
    Do this in memory of me. UNTIL I RETURN, wasn't that in 1874? 1914?
    huh?

Sidebar question: If the memorial is the important celebration on the JW calendar, most holy, most accurately counted, most attended etc.,
    what is thought of the day of resurrection? (not recreation by the way)

• Yadirf
    Yadirf

Danielson

...when Jesus said "they["], its quite obvious to me hes talking about individuals....
    You're as clumsy and careless at presenting what the Bible actually says as you are in the use of quotation marks. For your information, Jesus never used the word "they" in that illustration.
  • Yadirf
    Yadirf

Seeker says:

Never trust any group that calls itself "Truth."

Any time a group says "we have The Truth" or "this newspaper is Truth", know that you are being fed a bunch of lies.

Ah the all-knowing Seeker of JW.com, he who claims to know the truth about most anything and everything. Shall we take his advise and "never trust" what he says? Oh, that's right, he's only an individual, rather than "a group", that claims to "have The Truth".
    That, afterall, makes all the difference in the world ... don't cha know!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit