Any other churches call themselves the 'truth'??

by Beck_Melbourne 73 Replies latest jw friends

• julien
    julien
    You really must have blinders on if after all the info you've seen posted here on these boards, you still think that the WTS has the "truth".

Yadirf is able to ignore the mountains of evidence against the WTBTS by clinging desparately to the following:

So for those who believe Jesus' words, and yet think the JW religion isn't "The Truth", they have a question to answer --> Then which "Christian" religion IS?
    It boils down to "there must be one true religion and I can't see anyone better than JWs despite all the problems".. This is how my ex-roomate (who learned everything I did) decided to stay a JW. (aside: in reality he didn't want to disappoint his family and didn't want to lose his huge JW party network).
  • Adonai438
    Adonai438

Beck--
    Jesus calls himself The Way, The Truth, and The Life.
    True Christians have the Truth. Don't neccessarily call themselves 'The truth' like the dubs do because truth is God and comes from God, not us humans or 'religions'- even the ones that are sincere and believe the truth. Christian is a better term because thats what they used in the Bible but titles aren't my thing .

Other faiths also believe they have the truth (which only makes sense because why follow or believe something you know is wrong).
    Truth is absolute and (evidence proves) that it is in the Bible and it alone holds infallible truth. I could argue what it says but I don't think Yardif & the other JWs are really open for discussion on what the truth is. When a mind is already made up that they are infallible there is no room for discussion. And if one is unwilling to change for the truth it is also pointless. I don't believe I am infallible. I do know I have studied my faith and the Bible and all the evidence and am sure that I am following the true Yahweh. If it were ever proved from scripture that I had been wrong, I would change because I love God and only follow him. As I know the scriptures rather well, having read them in their entirity several times, I know that what I believe is what the Bible teaches. If anyone challenges that they can e-mail me Have fun Guys! <>< Angie

• Sargon
    Sargon

Good points Adonai,
    All religions believe they have the truth, otherwise they'd have no followers. They may use different catch-phrases to label their brand
    of the truth.
    I think that Will Power has also made some good points, as far as I know the Jehovahs witnesses are the only cristian organization that chastises people for seeking answers to the truth outside of their proscribed literature.
    And Yardif, how can questions from the heart have the intent to disturb the peace of the congregation?

They faught like warrior poets...and gained their freedom.

• Kenneson
    Kenneson

Yardiff asked Christ follower "Which particular heaven do you figure you'll occupy?"
    And we can respond "Which particular heaven do you figure the Watchtower's 'anointed' will occupy?"

• ianao
    ianao

I am this close to pittying yadirF. He'll come around someday. LOL What a joke! ...ianao

• JT
    JT

The expression, "The Truth", is perfectly fitting for the only true Christian religion, namely Jehovah's Witnesses

SAYS YADIRF

now how can you get mad at a dude like this- he has been on this site for sometime now , seen all the major doctrinal issues discussed here and seen all the clear Unscriptual things that wt has taught in the past and even in the present and after all that he ends up saying:

"It don't matter if the doctrines are wrong they are still the Truth"

Now I really don't want to argue with this poor soul cause with each post it reveals so much

as they say it is better to thought of as a fool than to open ones mouth and remove all doubt.
    well it's pretty much the same with a person LIKE Yadirf in that when a jw starts talking esp on issues that even the most Connected guys at bethel will admit are goofy teaching and dogmas

one feels for such persons as they Grasp for any straw to hold on to

many times these type persons have been promised by the wt to see Grandpa or Uncle Charlie again, that they will get thier leg back that they lost in a car accident, they will get good health, get the chance to play the flute in the new order, get to build that nice house and move out of the HOOD with the dealers and pimps and HOs

so they have so much emotional baggage riding on the WT Horse that to pull out despite that all the facts show the horse just ain't going to make thru the first lap at the track they hold on with all thier might

After awhile you can't help but feel sorry for a blind and deaf person and like my mom said never laugh at a blind and deaf man

just try to help the poor guy across the street despite the fact that he wants to pretend like he can see and hear

just my 2

james

• JT
    JT

Yadirf says:

"The answer is YES. I've read tons of the stuff you're referring to, and it hasn't disturbed me the least bit."

Yet his own religion is quick to point out how one should be disturbed if ones religions is flipping and flopping

Don't you love it when a jw makes a comment then the very org that they claim loyality to has put something in print that make them look foolish to all observers

For all you NONJW out there notice the reaction that the wt is proud to show of others when their church fall short

Yadirf comment is RIGHT OR WRONG MY COUNTRY(RELIGION)

This type of mindset is resoundedly condemned on bible studies when a person is shown something by a jw that shows an error in dogma and then the person responds by saying

MY RELIGION RIGHT OR WRONG MY REILIGON – they jw dogs the person, yet as we have seen once AGAIN ANOTHER JW FORCE TO ADMIT that it matters not whether what he is taught is supported by the bible or not as long as it is found in the pages of the wt publicaitons that is all THAT MATTRS

Don't you just love it

james

*** g70 4/22 8 Changes That Disturb People ***
    Changes That Disturb People
    One of the reasons is that people are disturbed by what is happening in their churches. Yes,
    millions of persons have been shocked to learn that things they were taught as being vital for
    salvation are now considered by their church to be wrong. Have you, too, felt discouragement,
    or even despair, because of what is happening in your church?
    Oh yes, how awful. Millions of Catholics have of course been shocked by all the doctrine
    shift’s of the church. How wonderful it must be a JW, because we all know that the
    Watchtower Society NEVER changes anything.
    *** g70 4/22 8 Changes That Disturb People ***
    Changes That Disturb People
    A businessman in Medellín, Colombia, expressed the effect the changes have had on many.
    “Tell me,” he asked, “how can I have confidence in anything? How can I believe in the Bible,
    in God, or have faith? Just ten years ago we Catholics had the absolute truth, we put all our
    faith in this. Now the pope and our priests are telling us this is not the way to believe any more,
    but we are to believe ‘new things.’ How do I know the ‘new things’ will be the truth in five
    years?” What are some of these changes that disturb people?
    The businessman from Colombia certainly raised some interesting questions which indeed
    demands some answers. Maybe they should ring some bells with the JW’s as well.
    Anyway, the changes that was so shocking to the poor Catholics was as follows:
    *** g70 4/22 8-10 Should Meat Be Eaten on Friday? ***
    Should Meat Be Eaten on Friday?
    FOR centuries Catholics abstained from eating meat on Fridays. It was a Church law. Many
    sincerely believed it was a law of Almighty God. But now this has changed.
    The fact is that the meatless-Friday rule was made an obligation only some 1,100 years ago.
    Pope Nicholas I (858-867) was the one who put it into effect. And how vital was it considered
    that Catholics abide by this rule? A publication that bears the Catholic imprimatur, indicating
    approval, states: “The Catholic Church says that it is a mortal sin for a Catholic to eat meat on
    Friday knowingly and wilfully, without a sufficiently grave and excusing reason.” It adds: The
    “Church says that if a man dies in unrepented mortal sin, he will go to hell.”—Radio Replies,
    Rumble and Carty (1938).
    Imagine that! Some Catholics even regarded this as “a law of Almighty God” and then (gasp) it
    was CHANGED!! No wonder they were upset. But Awake! continue to milk this subject for all
    its worth.
    Thus the devout carefully avoided eating meat on Fridays. They sincerely believed that failure
    to obey could lead to their eternal punishment in a fiery hell. But then, early in 1966, Pope Paul
    VI authorized local Church officials to modify this abstinence requirement in their countries as
    they saw fit. The pope was acting in line with recommendations made at the recently completed
    Second Vatican Council. Thus, in one country after another, meatless Fridays were virtually
    abolished—in France, Canada, Italy, Mexico, the United States, and so on.
    The Effect
    The effect upon many devout Catholics has been devastating. “All these years I thought it was
    a sin to eat meat,” explained a housewife in the midwestern United States. “Now I suddenly
    find out it isn’t a sin. That’s hard to understand.” If you are a Catholic, can you understand
    how a practice that was considered by the Church a “mortal sin” can suddenly be approved? if
    it was a sin five years ago, why is it not today? Many Catholics cannot understand. When a
    woman in Canada was asked how she felt about the changes in her church, she replied: “I don’t
    know. Maybe you can tell me. What are they going to do with all those people sent to hell for
    eating meat on Friday?”
    Not just a few Catholics have asked such questions. The change in teaching has shaken their
    confidence in the Church. Would you not feel the same way if what you had always been
    taught to be vital for salvation was suddenly considered unnecessary? Would you not be
    inclined to question other teachings of your church also?

Many persons have begun to ask questions regarding the basis for this teaching, as well as
    about other Church teachings. And what especially disturbs them is that they have not received
    satisfying answers.

What Becomes Evident
    The inability of the Church to explain its position Scripturally makes evident an important fact:
    The Catholic Church has not based its teachings upon what God’s Word says. Rather, it has
    founded many of its beliefs and practices on the unstable traditions of men.

The Awake! article indeed raises interesting and good questions. It would indeed be disturbing
    for a sincere Christian when the church that he belong to for many years claim that something
    is a deadly sin and then suddenly it isn’t. This would be especially disturbing if that church
    claimed to be the only true Church. In defense of the Catholic Church it can be said that not
    eating meat on Friday’s didn’t put anybody’s life in jeapordy. A stupid and inconvenient rule,
    yes, but hardly lethal.
    The superior and indignant tone of the Awake! article indicates that something like this could
    of course not take place in the Watchtower Society. Jehovah’s Organization are of course
    different from those “man made”. To display such shifts in doctrine is of course unknown for
    Jehovah’s “Channel of communication”. Or is it?

Lets investigate and see what we will find. In the 60thies when transplants was in its beginning
    the Watchtower wrote:

*** w61 8/1 480 Questions from Readers ***
    Is there anything in the Bible against giving one’s eyes (after death) to be transplanted to some
    living person?—L. C., United States.
    The question of placing one’s body or parts of one’s body at the disposal of men of science or
    doctors at one’s death for purposes of scientific experimentation or replacement in others is
    frowned upon by certain religious bodies. However, it does not seem that any Scriptural
    principle or law is involved. It therefore is something that each individual must decide for
    himself. If he is satisfied in his own mind and conscience that this is a proper thing to do, then
    he can make such provision, and no one else should criticize him for doing so. On the other
    hand, no one should be criticized for refusing to enter into any such agreement.

As correctly pointed out there wasn’t anything in the Scriptures about this so it would be up to
    the individual, and there should be no critizism of the decision. Then in 1967 another Question
    from the readers gave this answer:
    *** w67 11/15 702 Questions from Readers ***
    Questions from Readers
    • Is there any Scriptural objection to donating one’s body for use in medical research or to
    accepting organs for transplant from such a source?—W. L., U.S.A.
    Humans were allowed by God to eat animal flesh and to sustain their human lives by taking the
    lives of animals, though they were not permitted to eat blood. Did this include eating human
    flesh, sustaining one’s life by means of the body or part of the body of another human, alive or
    dead? No! That would be cannibalism, a practice abhorrent to all civilized people…. To show
    disrespect for the sanctity of human life would make one liable to have his own life
    taken.—Gen. 9:5, 6….
    When men of science conclude that this normal process will no longer work and they suggest
    removing the organ and replacing it directly with an organ from another human, this is simply a
    shortcut. Those who submit to such operations are thus living off the flesh of another human.
    That is cannibalistic.

From being a question of individual conscience it was now regarded as cannibalism to accept
    transplants. If you remember one of the statements from the above Awake! article that said:
    “For centuries Catholics abstained from eating meat on Fridays. It was a Church law. Many
    sincerely believed it was a law of Almighty God.” So like these Catholics, Jehovah’s Witnesses
    who had sincerely believed that transplants was up to them to decide, now very sincerely had
    to believe that it was cannibalism and “a law of Almighty God”. In obedience to the
    “Almighty” all JW’s abstained from transplants. Compared to the “meat on Friday” business
    this was a much more serious matter, because it involved peoples health.
    But that didn’t stop “Jehovah’s Channel” in Brooklyn from continuing the tragedy. 13 years
    later it was time for Jehovah’s Witnesses to once again “sincerely” believe that transplants “is
    a matter for conscientious decision by each one of Jehovah’s Witnesses”

*** w80 3/15 31 Questions from Readers ***
    Questions from Readers
    • Should congregation action be taken if a baptized Christian accepts a human organ transplant,
    such as of a cornea or a kidney?
    Regarding the transplantation of human tissue or bone from one human to another, this is a
    matter for conscientious decision by each one of Jehovah’s Witnesses……. While the Bible
    specifically forbids consuming blood, there is no Biblical command pointedly forbidding the
    taking in of other human tissue. For this reason, each individual faced with making a decision
    on this matter should carefully and prayerfully weigh matters and then decide conscientiously
    what he or she could or could not do before God. It is a matter for personal decision. (Gal. 6:5)
    The congregation judicial committee would not take disciplinary action if someone accepted an
    organ transplant.

The Catholic’s “meat of Friday” change, completely pale in significance compared with this
    insane mess of wishy washy rules who puts peoples life and health in danger. Look at how the
    Awake! ridicule of the Catholic’s approach to the Bible:
    This is obviously true with regard to Friday meat abstinence. For, look as you may, nowhere in
    the Bible will you find that Christians were ever instructed to refrain from eating meat on any
    Friday of the year, or on any other day. It is not a requirement of God.
    Oh, dear. You can’t find anywhere in the Bible instructions about refraining “from eating meat
    on any Friday”. Yet the same complete lack in the Bible of instructions about refraining from
    transplants, didn’t stop the Governing Body from presenting them as “a law of Almighty God”.
    That this so obviously wasn’t “a requirement of God” didn’t seem to bother them a bit. But of
    course Catholic’s has every reason for being disturbed and upset. JW’s obviously hasn’t.
    Thus, many truth-seekers are having their eyes opened to see that the Catholic Church has not
    been holding strictly to God’s Word. And they are wondering whether any religion that does
    not do so is worthy of their confidence and support. But there are other changes that are also
    disturbing people today.
    According to Awake! this shift in doctrine had the effect that “truth-seekers” now could se
    that: “the Catholic Church has not been holding strictly to God’s Word.” Apparently there is no
    reason for any “truth-seekers” to draw such conclusions about the Watchtower Society despite
    the fact that their changes are far more serious.
    Imagine what would happen if a Witness “in Medellín, Colombia,” had expressed these
    questions: “how can I have confidence in anything? How can I believe in the Bible, in God, or
    have faith? Just ten years ago we Jehovah’s Witnesses had the absolute truth, we put all our
    faith in this. Now the Governing Body and our elders are telling us this is not the way to believe
    any more, but we are to believe ‘new things.’ How do I know the ‘new things’ will be the truth
    in five years?”

Let us do another experiment, lets take another part of the Awake! article and substitute
    Catholic with JW, etc and see how well these things fit the Watchtower:

The Effect
    The effect upon many devout Jehovah’s Witnesses has been devastating. “All these years I
    thought it was a sin to take an organ transplant,” explained a housewife in the midwestern
    United States. “Now I suddenly find out it isn’t a sin. That’s hard to understand.” If you are a
    Jehovah’s Witness, can you understand how a practice that was considered by the Society a
    “mortal sin” can suddenly be approved? if it was a sin 13 years ago, why is it not today? Many
    Jehovah’s Witnesses cannot understand. When a woman in Canada was asked how she felt
    about the changes in her religion, she replied: “I don’t know. Maybe you can tell me. What are
    they going to do with all those people who was disfellowshipped for accepting an organ
    transplant?” Not just a few Jehovah’s Witnesses have asked such questions. The change in
    teaching has shaken their confidence in the Society. Would you not feel the same way if what
    you had always been taught to be vital for salvation was suddenly considered unnecessary?
    Would you not be inclined to question other teachings of your church also?

Why don’t we see such relevant questions posed by Jehovah’s Witnesses. Because the person
    asking them would immediately find himself outside the organization. It is only Catholic’s and
    others who can afford the luxury of being “disturbed” by doctrinal changes.
    Jehovah’s Witnesses have of course no reason to do so. When the teachings of the Watchtower
    changes it is of course an entirely different matter.

*** rs 205 Jehovah's Witnesses ***
    Why have there been changes over the years in the teachings of Jehovah’s Witnesses?
    The Bible shows that Jehovah enables his servants to understand his purpose in a progressive
    manner. (Prov. 4:18; John 16:12) Thus, the prophets who were divinely inspired to write
    portions of the Bible did not understand the meaning of everything that they wrote. (Dan. 12:8,
    9; 1 Pet. 1:10-12) The apostles of Jesus Christ realized that there was much they did not
    understand in their time. (Acts 1:6, 7; 1 Cor. 13:9-12) The Bible shows that there would be a
    great increase in knowledge of the truth during “the time of the end.” (Dan. 12:4) Increased
    knowledge often requires adjustments in one’s thinking. Jehovah’s Witnesses are willing
    humbly to make such adjustments.
    The Catholic’s of course not being Jehovah’s servants cannot claim that they understand God’s
    purpose in a progressive manner. I mean when the Prophet’s of old didn’t understand what
    they were writing how can one expect that the GB should understand it.
    They have time and time again demonstrated their inability to understand anything in the Bible.
    So when Catholic’s realized how utterly unbiblical the “meat on Friday” ban was and simply
    stopped the charade, that would lead to “truth-seekers” realizing that they was less than
    “strict” with the Bible. Jehovah’s Witnesses are unlike these detestable Catholic’s “willing
    humbly to make adjustments.”

The moral of this matter is that when other religions make doctrinal shift’s, that is a a matter of
    great concern for their members who then has every reason to be upset, disturbed etc. Sincere
    “truth-seekers” should then realize that: “the Catholic Church has not been holding strictly to
    God’s Word.”

When Jehovah’s Witnesses does much more serious full circle shifts from regarding transplant
    as a individual decision to regarding it as cannibalism back to being an individual choise. It is
    painted as understanding God’s purpose in a “progressive manner”, and perfectly in order. You
    can say whatever you want about the Watchtower Society, but honesty isn’t one of their most
    noticeable characters.

Cheeky,I wonder what your leaders would write about how one should view "disturbing"
    changes now? (If they're writing about Catholics) Maybe they would tell them that it's ok for
    Catholics to make changes...that they are waiting on Jah too. Perhaps they would tell them that
    if they don't understand changes, it will be revealed in time and therefore, it's no reason to
    believe that one should apostate from their religion.

One thing for sure.....I've noticed that in almost every single watchtower that comes of the
    press at society, there is Catholic bashing in it. The writers CONSTANTLY referr to old info
    regarding Catholics too and make sure that it is of importance but, of course, their old material
    isn't. It's just old news, old light, and makes no difference. I've yet to see the Catholics writing
    articles that bash JWs.

I can understand why Tantulus and others get upset reading stuff like that.

• Room 215
    Room 215

Yadirf,

If being wrapped in the delusions of the Watchtower Society makes you comfy, so be it; I won't attempt to disabuse you.

Strange, for all their bragging about being only genuine Christians on the globe, they've botched the two most fundamental tenets of Christianity; The Lord's Evening Meal and Baptism, in both cases vitiating their significance by superimposing onto them their specious sectarian dogma.

• Danielson
    Danielson

In a way I admire you, Yardif for being the "needle in the haystack!You have free will given you by our universal creator to belive what your mind compels you sir! Can truth exsist without the need to label it through an orgnanization or particuliar religion,when Jesus said "they, its quite obvious to me hes talking about individuals who account themselves to their maker. GOD LOOKS AT THE HEART BROTHER!I'm a JW,in name only to U,but all I care about is His approval,I"m on His side not man and his insecurities expressed in religion. Just a VP Bro, dont get all POSTAL on me K?(:)

• Seeker
    Seeker

Never trust any group that calls itself "Truth." Remember the Russian newspaper Pravda? How it would put forth the official party line and was never taken seriously as a source of truth by anyone who knew what was going on?

"Pravda" means "truth."

Any time a group says "we have The Truth" or "this newspaper is Truth", know that you are being fed a bunch of lies. Truth stands out without being labeled. If you feel the need to label it, you must not think much of its merits.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit