Things that were supposedly demonized

by freshstart 64 Replies latest jw experiences

• transhuman68
    transhuman68
    Maori Tiki & anything else in the form of native art

Yeah, I'd forgotten that. My mother chopped up a Japanese bamboo tray because it was supposedly demonized.

• finallysomepride
    finallysomepride

My mother chopped up a Japanese bamboo tray because it was supposedly demonized

years ago a family member bought back from canada a set of wooden salad servers that had carved handles, they had been purchased from a native american tourst store, these were very quickly burned by my family, made me laugh

• VM44
    VM44

Where in the Bible does it say inanimate objects are Demonized?

Nowhere!!!

This is an example of a JW superstition.

• transhuman68
    transhuman68

Though evidently restrained from materializing, they still have great power and influence over the minds and lives of men, even having the ability to enter into and possess humans and animals, and the facts show that they also use inanimate things such as houses, fetishes, and charms.-Mt 12: 43-45 ; Lu 8: 27-33

From' Insight on the scriptures' pg 612 (The scriptures do not back up this statement!)

• Band on the Run
    Band on the Run

I became friendly with Madeleine b/c I had no idea who she was. When I was too ill to work, I needed to be out of my apt so I volunteered at the cathedral. She would sit in the library, consult with people, and write. Some new female priests were showing Madeleine their clergy outfit catalogue. Feminist stuff popped out of my mouth. She spent hours with me just b/c she was nice. I was unable to read her work until I knew her for several years.

A Wrinkle in Time would certainly have been forbidden. It has been banned in many places. She was the opposite of demonified. I would laugh so hard at her troubles. One would think she was a vodoo priestess or some wild monster.

I would not be here today without her help.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit