Things that were supposedly demonized

by freshstart 64 Replies latest jw experiences

• ShirleyW
    ShirleyW

Freshstart - You brought back memories about the word luck, back in the 70's I think there must've been a WT article about that because I remember all the JDubs obediently starting using the word fortunate instead of lucky

• finallysomepride
    finallysomepride

Maori Tiki & anything else in the form of native art

ops sorry now that i have displayed an image of one the demonz will now be able to get into your computer

• sooner7nc
    sooner7nc

I think my underpants are demonised, there was allways something decidedly un-Christian going on in them that even fervant prayer couldnt stop.

LOL No kidding about that. I think that same demon must have been bothering me...actually still bothers me from time to time.

• blondie
    blondie

Just the "title" was a problem, not the content. (bedknobs and broomsticks". A flying car in Chitty Bang Bang but not a flying bed or a flying nanny. And remember Witch Mountain that had nothing to do with witchcraft but aleins from outer space?

No fortune cookies but the "fortunate" instead of lucky.

*** w04 6/1 p. 3 Should You Belong to a Church? ***

Were the Flood survivors simply individuals fortunate enough to have randomly escaped destruction?

Just straining out the gnats but gulping down the camel.

• dingo1
    dingo1

to those with skanked underdrawers, should they not be conscidered HOLY?... a loophole is a loophole. im bet jesus had skidmarks.

• neverscreamagain
    neverscreamagain

Just thought of a couple of Disney movies, old ones. Fantasia and The Sorcerors Apprentice, quite amazings movies for their time. Not to date anyone, but does anyone know how they were thought of back when released? I believe they were made in the early 1940's.

• talesin
    talesin

ugghh - fortunate --- I HATE that word. so agree

t

• Band on the Run
    Band on the Run

Yes, they pulled her aside on a Sunday WT Sunday. She worked in a factory to pay bills during the week. Rather than rely on a baby sister, they decided he would work in the day, and she would work all day and all night. too. I've reported how she was a descedant of the original Bible Students. I was raised that the religion was valid but you basically ignored the org. You just did not make a show of ignoring them.

So these brothers pulled her aside, and confronted her about her wig. It was a superb one. She did not bat an eyelash as she told them, "I work to feed my children. The wig is helpful for business purposes>' Next, she assertiveluy walked away. It might seem not much to an outsider but I was surprised. What a role model. Both of us have baby fine hair. The wig gave her both volume and blonde. It also gave her less time to get ready for work. She made the right decision.

I would assume any human hair wig is still forbidden unless you have a certificate that proves it came from JW hair.

• VM44
    VM44

Under demonical control, Clayton J. Woodworth

• Aussie Oz
    Aussie Oz

I had a record that played a womans voice singing, the next time it would play the same song in a mans voice!

i was pretty freaked out after a while...

until i realized that on the various times i played it, i had not checked the speed settings! I was playing on 33rpm then 45rpm at other times.

the weird thing was that on both speeds the music and voices didnt sound half bad!

oz

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit