Things that were supposedly demonized

by freshstart 64 Replies latest jw experiences

• freshstart
    freshstart

I mean I've had some hard-to-explain things happen to me, but I don't think it was demons. Why would a demon waste their time messing with you for buying a used skirt? LOL....

• Magi
    Magi

Sadly, one of the main reasons my family are still devout jws is because they have had demon scares on multiple occasions. They have asked me how I can refute what has happened, how else can i explain it. I told them that there are many different explanations, but they don't want to hear it. Their fear in demons helps provide more faith in their god.

• neverscreamagain
    neverscreamagain

Ever notice that it was alway the same ones who time and again were the ones having "demon" problems? Over and over, again and again.

What powerful abilities or special attraction could they have had to always go to a yard sale or thrift shop and zero in on the one item that would turn their world upside down.

I think if it was me I would stop getting stuff at yard sales! LoL!

Give me a break!

• lost1
    lost1

Before I realised the history of the "bf" I did wonder about the fear in his eyes when I mentioned Harry Potter and as for the smurfs well... Now I realise Those evil blue critters have a lot to answer for !!

• james_woods
    james_woods

Don't forget that any antique mirror with a carved wooden frame was automatically suspect.

I knew some witnesses who thought that wind chimes were, too.

• loosie
    loosie

when I was young I loved bongo jeans. but they had astroogical symbols on the zipper button. So I would remove it with pliers and replace it with a denim button from the fabric store. I thought I was bing a good lil JW.

• freshstart
    freshstart

I remember their was this sister who wouldn't buy anything with a sun decoration on it...she thought it was like worshipping the stars and such.

• neverscreamagain
    neverscreamagain

Don't even get me started on that "origin of windchimes" nonsense.

• james_woods
    james_woods
    Don't even get me started on that "origin of windchimes" nonsense.

About the same time as the great panic over the Proctor & Gamble logo, we nearly had a JC meeting over a brother whose unbelieving wife had wind chimes on their back porch.

• james_woods
    james_woods

Oh, and let us not forget the horrorific cartoon character "Caspar the friendly ghost"...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit