Candace Conti video on YouTube - let's send it viral!

by cedars 126 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• cedars
    cedars

Hi everyone

I've uploaded a video that discusses the dramatic jury verdict regarding the abuse suffered by Candace Conti, of which you are all aware. If you're not yet familiar with the story for any reason, please check out my blog article on the link below...

http://jwsurvey.org/general-information/the-watchtower-punished-society-loses-legal-battle-over-child-abuse-case

John Hoyle suggested I get a YouTube video out fairly quickly so that we can spread the message more effectively online. Last night I wrote a script, and cantleave and nugget helped me in getting it recorded quickly. It is nugget's voice that you can hear narrating.

Here is the video...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_ELBt4mA7sI

It isn't perfect, and there are things I would do differently if starting from scratch - however I think the video helps to get the message across (in just over 6 minutes) as to exactly WHY the policies of Jehovah's Witnesses regarding child abuse are unlawful, and leave children vulnerable.

I would appreciate your feedback. Above all, I would appreciate if you could "like" the video, and spread it to friends and family. The more "viral" this becomes, the more people will see it and learn about Candace's remarkable story.

Thanks again to cantleave and nugget for their help on this, and to John Hoyle for suggesting it.

(As always, if you haven't yet voted in the 2012 JW survey, please do so!)

Cedars

• still thinking
    still thinking

well done that was a powerful message.

• Wasanelder Once
    Wasanelder Once

Such a soothing narration. Well done. I wish I had your editing program. What is it? How do you get the slides to zoom in and out and such? Thanks for the video it will open the eyes of many.

• sizemik
    sizemik

Hard to fault that . . . nicely done video.

• cedars
    cedars

Thanks guys, glad you like it! I know there's something I would change, but I suppose the main thing is to get the message out and encourage people to research the details themselves.

Wasanelder Once - I just used "Windows Movie Maker", it comes free with most Windows operating systems. You can add effects such as "ease in" or "ease out" to any photo - a bit of movement beats staring at a still picture! And yes, nugget did a great job on the narration. It was a real JWN effort!!

Cedars

• nancy drew
    nancy drew

That was really well done people really need to understand the tremendous guilt of the organization.

• Bobbi
    Bobbi

Excellent, calm cool and collected.

Bobbi

• newbndreamz
    newbndreamz

Yes finally, proactivity... good job!

• MidwichCuckoo
    MidwichCuckoo

Excellent!! I've shared on Twitter and Facebook too (and I've done the 2012 survey...gosh, all go today, lol)

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

That was outstanding. I am pondering whether to send a link to my JW loved one or not.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit