Candace Conti video on YouTube - let's send it viral!

by cedars 126 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• TweetieBird
    TweetieBird

3,051 views on youtube so far.

Here's the link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_ELBt4mA7sI

Make sure to view from youtube.

Sorry if this was already posted-didn't have time to read everyone's comments yet

• Balaamsass
    Balaamsass

Cedars..I just got an email reply from a current JW- REALLY WOKE him up! Kudos!

• cedars
    cedars

Balaamsass - thanks so much, I love those types of stories. It makes all the effort so worthwhile.

Cedars

• cedars
    cedars

We're on a respectable 4,679 views now - catching up with the Sparlock song which is on 5,507.

The feedback has been mostly positive as reflected in the scores - 116 likes and only 2 dislikes.

Just had the first major apologist rants through, both from the same person.

Here are the remarks (in yellow) and my replies below...

A young child tells teacher she is being molested by another student of the same school who is 18 yrs old, an? adult. Teacher informs the head, investigates but has no eviidence to take action against the 18yr old student. The head teacher leaves the matter as is other than informing the child's parents and making them aware that they can report to the police if they want to. Is the school liable for the child's abuse?

My reply: In your hypothetical scenario, the head teacher would contact the police? immediately and suspend the student pending a? full police investigation so that other children aren't put at risk. It works entirely differently in a congregation where elders assume a reponsiblity to investigate and pass judgment according to the two witness rule. The way things work in reality is adequately explained in the video.

Witnesses are liable becasue they have a two witness rule and they say call the branch ? I dont get that to be honest. It makes no sense. Elders cant do anything against anyone if they dont have enough evidence. Saying call? the branch does not imply do not tell the police. I dont see anything wrong with these policies. Take it out of a religous context.

My reply: It is not for elders to decide what does or does not constitute "evidence" with child abuse in the same way as it is not for elders to investigate and determine culpability for a? murder. It is the police's responsibility. I agree that the part of my video regarding contacting the branch office could be clearer and I have already commented on this. Involving the branch office is NOT against the law, but doing this whilst not contacting the authorities at the earliest reasonable opportunity is.

It's quite shocking the lengths people will go to in defending the Society's policies. Sobering stuff.

Cedars

• MidwichCuckoo
    MidwichCuckoo

Great responses Cedars.

• cedars
    cedars

The video has now been translated into Hungarian...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iWof6WZVeb4

Cedars

• cedars
    cedars

Mon Dieu!! There's now a French version (far more sophisticated audio/visuals than mine)....

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xs1kb9_l-affaire-candace-conti-racontee-aux-temoins-de-jehovah_news

I'm absolutely thrilled that the word is getting out in different languages.

Cedars

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit