Candace Conti video on YouTube - let's send it viral!

by cedars 126 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• Giordano
    Giordano

Great job everyone! Nugget what a lovely voice.......being a fan of audio books I do believe you could build a career for yourself. In fact you should make a demo tape reading from a book proper and send it around. Perhaps start with children's/teen books.

• MidwichCuckoo
    MidwichCuckoo
    I am pondering whether to send a link to my JW loved one or not.

Oh go on, treat yourself...you know you want to

• free @ last
    free @ last

Pretty well done, nicely narrated.

At 5:28 I would have avoided making the claim that the "Watchtower society was found criminally responsible for the sexual abuse..." since this was a civil lawsuit and was not decided in criminal court.

BTW anyone know why the perp was not charged criminally with his abuse of Conti? Why was an agreement made not to collect from him? Pure conjecture but I wonder if it's because Conti and others who know him believe he is truly sorry yet all the same beyond rehabilitation. Perhaps they want him exposed as a means of protecting others and not for the sake of punishing him.

• finallysomepride
    finallysomepride

cedars, excellant job

• cedars
    cedars

free @ last - yes, that's another thing I would have changed. However, at least that slip-up appears towards the end of the video when everything has been more or less explained, i.e. that it was Kendrick who actually abused Candace.

It's a shame though...

Cedars

• BorgHater
    BorgHater

Cedars check your PMS. I sent you one a few days ago, ( don't know if you got it) with a suggestion.

Hugs

• soft+gentle
    soft+gentle

what a lovely British accent. cedars while I was listening I thought you'd taken on someone professional - a news reader or someone like that.

nice clear presentation

• 00DAD
    00DAD

Good video.

I think your explanation of the Second Reason the WTBTS was found negligent is presented incorrectly. Jurisdictions differ, but informing the WTBTS Legal Department about a matter is likely NOT against the law, but failure to notify the proper authorities maybe. However, the problem and the reason the WTBTS was found negligent is that BECAUSE THEY REQUIRE THE ELDERS CONTACT WT LEGAL, THEN WT LEGAL HAS KNOWLEDGE OF THE SITUATION AND NOW ASSUMES RESPONSIBILITY FOR WHAT HAPPENS.

When the "proper authorities" are not notified, the WTBTS is now responsible BECAUSE the have knowledge a crime was committed and they failed to report it and directed the local elders not to also.

Another point, towards the end of the video you make the statement "The WT was found criminally responsible for the sexual abuse of a 9 year old girl.' That is not accurate. This was a CIVIL case, not a criminal one. It's kind of like the OJ Simpson case. He was acquitted of murder in the criminal trial, but in the civil trial the outcome was different. The jury in the civil trial awarded Brown and Simpson's children, Sydney and Justin, $12.6 million from their father as recipients of their mother's estate. The victims' families were awarded $33.5 million in compensatory and punitive damages.

WT Policies should be criminal, but alas they are not.

Nevertheless, great work. Just want to help you keep it real and bullet proof to WT Apologists.

00DAD

• iamwhoiam
    iamwhoiam

Excellent job guys..now lets make it viral!! Luckily Google owns Youtube..so its much easier.

• cedars
    cedars

Thanks 00DAD. As I've already said, I picked up on the "criminally responsible" bit when it was too late to fix it. I think it's more important to get the word out on YouTube than pull it off and spend hours changing that one bit. Besides, by the time the error presents itself, it has already been made abundantly clear that it was Jonathan Kendrick who was responsible for the actual abuse. As to the "second reason" - I have to disagree, I don't think this is presented incorrectly. Having read the Witness testimonies, the jury was clearly mindful of the fact that the Watchtower failed by not alerting the police first re. Kendrick's earlier victims, and I have conveyed this in the second point. My one regret in this video (apart from the "criminally responsible" bit) is that i didn't make it clearer the exact circumstances leading to the abuse, i.e. that Candace's parents weren't warned that kendrick was an abuser. however, there's only so much ground i can cover in 6 minutes, and at least I've highlighted why the Society's approach is unlawful and pointed people in the direction of various means by which they can find out more.

Cedars

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit