Just some personal ramblings. Move on if you want to argue.

by OnTheWayOut 40 Replies latest jw friends

• flipper
    flipper

BTTT, great thread

• rebel8
    rebel8

Re the 1st rant ITA. I could have written that myself. I spent years after dubism lobbying for this cause and that, at times becoming quite emotional about particular causes. Now I find myself just wanting peace, hoping for positive change out of the world but just wanting a little calmness in my life even if that means backing off trying to change the world.

I used to think I would never be "one of those people" to take a passive role on social issues but now I am. Perhaps this is a normal developmental stage of middle adulthood?

And I think you should do whatever is healthiest for you, ex-jw-wise. I am currently in a "here for the laughs" phase, but I go through "don't want to think about jwism" phases too.

• sooner7nc
  • OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

Mrs. Jones, did u call her? Thanks.

Flipper, I will be without the Mrs. again. Thanks for the encouraging words.

Cantleave, CultClassic- thanks. I enjoy your thoughts.

Trevor, I will be around. I am glad the message is well received.

SBC, glad I helped.

COFTY, thumbs up.

More later.. Virtual keyboards really stink.

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

No, didn't feel like it. I know she's gearing for a fight cuz I haven't spoken to her in a while and she wasn't invited to my son's graduation. *sigh*. I might call her tomorrow.

• tec
    tec

I hope you have your peace, OTWO.

I think people have to be a bit older, sometimes, to realize that life is too short for some of things we argue about. Live (truly live) and let live! As long as someone else isn't stopping you from living, and vice versa.

Peace,

tammy

• sizemik
    sizemik

Being from a small country makes one feel like a bit of an "observer" on a Forum like this . . .

But your post cuts right through that.

Sometimes it's necessary, as well as pleasant, to just let life run it's fingers across your strings. I have a strong appreciation of how getting out of the familiar artificial constructs we surround ourselves with adds balance . . . I feel the need to go "walkabout" frequently for my sanity . . . and to freshen life up again by widening the perspectives.

I've always found value in what your mind has to offer. Enjoy the rest of your life OTWO . . . wherever it takes you.

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

Clarity, that's sad about your brothers. It's sweet what you said about me. Thanks. The pic is me.

AGuest, I have a whole bunch of t-shirts and sweatshirts that say "Life is Good." It's my theme to overcome negativity. Thanks for your thoughts.

rebel8, I know many have thought similarly about not being so proactive. We do "get" each other.

s7nc, thumbs up to you.

Mrs. Jones, the dance goes on. Have your morning coffee before you even consider it.

tec, such positivity. Thanks.

sizemilk, nice compliment. Thanks a bunch.

Hey, this has been a very pleasant thread.

• transhuman68
    transhuman68

I want to argue... but I can't...

...it all sounds good to me.....

• Morbidzbaby
    Morbidzbaby

Great post OTWO... I didn't find it to be ramblings at all. It did make me think. There are so many more important things in life that we as exJW's are just beginning to discover. It's nice to have a reminder that being an exJW isn't all there is to life. Life in general is beautiful, and experiencing it to the full is something most of us are free to do now...

So let's get to it!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit