Just some personal ramblings. Move on if you want to argue.

by OnTheWayOut 40 Replies latest jw friends

• MC RubberMallet
    MC RubberMallet

We can argue back and forth all day, but I have yet to hear a good excuse for the all-powerful, all-wise, all-benevalent GOD standing by while tens (if not hundreds) of thousands of children die in a tsunami or an earthquake. Or the suffering that a mother and father have to go through when someone rapes and murders their child and buries the evidence that they are dead.

An idea I adopted from the Brothers Karamazov: No matter how God justifies inactions, no matter what the reward later, if every last thing is explained in a way that makes sense and sounds justified, I will still say the price is too high. I would rather not participate in such a plan.

It is better that I reject the existence of such a God than think that such inaction exists within one who could stop it.

One of the most powerful posts I've ever read...

Ramble on!

• VIII
    VIII

Great post OTWO!

• Soldier77
    Soldier77

Good ramble! I like it.

I had to do that about a year ago. I had to walk away from the forums as I was obsessed with staying on top of every talking point started and reading up on the latest CA/DC gossip. I've been on "Inactive" status for a good 2 years now and the only reason I got back into checking this site is because of some recent developments with my family and a certain friend of mine that has started to wake up.

But I agree, enjoy your life, read a good book or hundred, swim with the fish and breathe in the fresh mountain air. Life is too short to get riled up over the past. Life is the future, not the past.Every experience that we've been through comes down to two choices, use it for positive and grow, or negative and rot.

All the best to you and I have always looked up to you and learned a lot from your posts. Hope to hear from you some more, but if not, I'll know you're enjoying life. Your life.

• Open mind
    Open mind

Here's to health and healing.

Great post Jerry.

Looking forward to the campfire in Tahoe.

om

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

" Mrs. Jones, did u call her?"

I called this morning. It was a short and sweet conversation. I opened with I was just calling to say hi (I do that because I've been informed that she tells people I only call when I want something which isn't true). I answered a few questions neatly and gave out little info. She told me a few things that is going on with her that I wasn't surprised by (won't impart any of it but to say its a situation that could have been avoided but hey what do I know). Oh she also informed me that the jw snitch is still informing on me to her (the snitch is the mother of my oldest son's friend, she has two kids that go to school as my youngest two and she goes to my mother's hall). I'm kinda irked by that but I'm gonna let it go.

All in all it was nice. We're at that nice nice stage but it doesn't take long for the bitch to come out. It's only a matter of time.

• still thinking
    still thinking

Nice post OTWO.... something for us all to think about.

Well done Mrs J....I know what a challenge that can be...you did well...

• life is to short
    life is to short

I totally get what you are saying. I also agree it would be easier without a mate who is still entwined in the religion. It keeps you locked in to a point.
    I try to go though fazes of not getting on this sight and just trying to focus on life but I am still a JWN junkie.

It is just that I gave so much to the stupid religion and in a way I still have to even now with my husband still attending, using the car for service and such. If it were not for him I feel I would be able to cut ties better.

I truly hope you do not leave for good but I think that trying to move on is so healthy.

Wish I could be in Tahoe this year but maybe next.

LITS

• life is to short
    life is to short

Mrs. Jones I agree with still thinking what a challenge you went through. My heart goes out to you.

LITS

• watson
    watson

I will still say the price is too high. I would rather not participate in such a plan.

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

Thank you ST and LITS

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit