I am so proud of how we've handled Sparlock!

by NewChapter 63 Replies latest jw friends

• NewChapter
    NewChapter

I know, another Sparlock thread. But I just have to express this! I AM SO PROUD OF WHAT WE HAVE DONE WITH SPARLOCK.

Youtube is being flooded with videos. Tshirts! FB fanpage. Artwork. Stories.

It's not often I feel a strong connection with people I don't know. But this Sparlock thing is priceless. Everytime a new thing pops up, I just laugh. We have so many creative people here, and so much humor. I personally think that creativity is the best way to work through negative feelings. I can't even express how tickled I am that WT has given us the gift of Sparlock, and we were alert enough to recognize that gift and make it our own.

I feel like I've reached the Barney Stage of Drunkeness (I love you, You love me) when I say you guys are great. I have smiled so much since Sparlock came to join us, and I'm so proud of us for how we've allowed him to work for us.

We will never let WTBTS forget that they created a Magical Warrior Wizard! How great is that. But more importantly we will never let them forget how they hurt children, how they have hurt some here, and how they have not crushed anyone. I was not born-in, so I can only imagine how this creative outlet must be helping some here. I'm happy to be a part of it. They may like to ignore us, but now they can't. And now, Sparlock will be avenged, along with every child that has had magic stolen from them by the Evil Watchers.

WAY TO GO!

• sacolton
    sacolton

You're welcome. :)

• james_woods
    james_woods

I see you have put a Sparlock on your avatar.

• NewChapter
    NewChapter

LOL---I made that Sparlock at goanimate---and have 3 vids featuring that Sparlock---and am working on a fourth that will be much longer. I thought he would make a good avatar. SPARLOCK LIVES

• wasblind
    wasblind

lONG LIVE THE WIZARD !!!!

• cedars
    cedars

I love the way it's been jumped on too. We can't decide what the outside media picks up, but we CAN dictate how much noise we make about issues such as this as one united voice. Sparlock and this new DVD has had a tremendous solidifying effect on this forum. Normal differences have been put to one side, and we have all just rolled up our sleeves and set about making life as awkward as possible for the Governing Body following the release of a DVD what will go down in the history of the Society as a catastrophic PR-failure. It's a team effort, and I'm proud to be involved in it.

Cedars

• breakfast of champions
    breakfast of champions

Humor is a powerful tool against cults and high control groups --- they HATE not being taken seriously. That is part of the beauty of this Sparlock thing.

The other part is that you sometimes shake your head and wonder, What REALLY was the deal with the Smurf and My Little Pony bans of 20-30 years ago? Am I imagining that happened? Was that done at the Society's direction, or was it just a couple rogue COs?

My wife was one to blame it on the rogue CO, or an over zealous elder. But this is straight from the horses mouth. THE GOVERNING BODY THEMSELVES BELEIVE THIS IS IMPORTANT. . . And I hope that fact helps wake a lot of folks up to what's going on here.

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

Can't wait for my shirt

• IsaacJ22
    IsaacJ22

I think Sparlock should be a symbol for XJWs. We need a Sparlock holiday, too. :-)

• breakfast of champions
    breakfast of champions

Sparlock fitting down a chimney is actually quite plausible. . .

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit