I am so proud of how we've handled Sparlock!

by NewChapter 63 Replies latest jw friends

• Scully
    Scully

Wouldn't it be funny if the WTS decided to can the DVDs because of our exposure of Sparlock?

Then again, it wouldn't surprise me if they did, because it would feed into the Apostates™-making-up-$h!t thing.

• NewChapter
    NewChapter

Then again, it wouldn't surprise me if they did, because it would feed into the Apostates™-making-up-$h!t thing.

That would suck----but children would be protected from this evil video, and our shoulders are bigger.

• steve2
    steve2
    Normal differences have been put to one side, and we have all just rolled up our sleeves and set about making life as awkward as possible for the Governing Body following the release of a DVD what will go down in the history of the Society as a catastrophic PR-failure. It's a team effort , and I'm proud to be involved in it.

Hi Cedars, up until now I haven't followed the Sparlock threads too closely - so my apologies if I'm behind the play.

Can you recap for me in what way this has been a catastrophic PR-failure for the Watchtower Society?

Has something happened that has caused them to back off or put out additional inofrmation that shows it's been a catastrophe?

Or, at the present time, are you simply expressing your opinion about it's been a "catastrophic PR-failure"? Or have I missed what you meant by that phrase? steve2

• compound complex
    compound complex

From the spoofy thread "Mature Minors and Free Will."

Thanks for these two wonderful posts, NewChapter!

Caleb: Look, Mom, I cut the grass.

Mom: Caleb, I'm so proud of you for obeying.

Caleb: And before I cut the grass, I walked the whole yard picking up sticks and looking for rocks to prevent injury.

Caleb: And then the lawnmower didn't start right away, so I got a wrench from the garage and made a few adjustments! Dad thought we were going to have to replace it, but it is good as new!

Fast forward 20 years.

Caleb: MOM! I am graduating at the top of my class and am the valedictorian! I've been accepted into a much coveted graduate program and hope to earn my doctorate!

Mom: Caleb, I am so disappointed at your lack of obedience.

Caleb's sister: Mom, I told my boss at the button factory that I wanted to go part time so that I can pioneer. I picked up a few toilet scrubbing jobs in the evenings to replace some of the income.

Mom: I'm so proud of your obedience.

Caleb: And I returned Dad's wrench to the proper spot.

Caleb: I emptied the grass clippings in the compost pile and have put away the lawnmower.

Caleb: But mom, are you kind of grateful that I did all that? In school, they teach us to say 'thank you'.

Mom: Yes, Caleb. I am very grateful. I am so grateful that you are obedient, and I will thank Jehovah in my evening prayers.

• NewChapter
    NewChapter

LOL CoCo---I already forgot I wrote that.

• Morbidzbaby
    Morbidzbaby

Jim, I agree... The apostates on this site have taken the idea and run with it and created so many incredible memes, etc. The creativity here is definitely not stifled. I could see a few of us creating something 10 times better than what the Society put out.

• Morbidzbaby
    Morbidzbaby

I think Sparlock needs to have a word that he substitutes for anything else. Like..."the Smurfs are Smurftastic" kind of thing. OH and a theme song! Every hero needs a theme song!

• compound complex
    compound complex

Hey, morbidz:

I think all these threads on the wacky wizard are Sparlockicious!

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

Hmmm, I think I have an idea for an awesome Halloween costume this year!

sl

Is that supposed to be an ammo belt going over his shoulder, with leather shorts?

• shamus
    shamus

What's this all about?

Kind Regards,

shamus

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit