Lurker's first post

by sseveninches 75 Replies latest jw friends

• outsmartthesystem
    outsmartthesystem

In all honesty.....read....read and read some more. jwfacts.com is a good site

read Steven Hassan's books

read Crises of Conscience for a real look at how the governing body works

read Captives of a Concept to find out why logic and reason does NOT work with a Jehovah's Witness

• sseveninches
    sseveninches

Thanks again for the welcome, everyone.

Sd-7 - very good advice...thanks for that. I agree on the woman part, they have their way of extracting information from people.

outsmartthesystem - I'm not denying that it's what I was referring to (I needed a username that no one could recognize me with), but what if I was referring to something else?

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

I didn't see it on page 1, but if you didn't get the answer- there are heated debates on here. They are in the private section that only members see. You can go there and see them now.

Welcome to TTATT; the truth about The Truth. Your young insight on how young people must be learning these things is helpful and hopeful.

If you have second thoughts about being an MS, you can revisit the elders and mention that you are going on to more education and you would feel hypocritical as an MS doing that. That might be enough to drop you.

• wantingtruth
    wantingtruth

Welcome Lurker

something good to read here....

wantingtruth

• Quentin
    Quentin

Hello...Welcom aboard the Good Ship Sparlock.......read, read, read...ask, ask, ask...

• sseveninches
    sseveninches

This Sunday is our family study...I'm planning to bring up the increasing partakers issue, just by saying that I noticed an increase going through the yearbooks, while the watchtowers say they're supposed to be dwindling.

• sizemik
    sizemik

Welcome along . . .

Leave a big space between the seeds and only plant them one at a time.

• ammo
    ammo

Hey 7

Welcome, take your time and as others have said research anything you have questions about, not only will you come up with answers, they will actually make sense unlike some of the stuff we have all been fed in the watchtower and other JW books. all the best on your journey mate!

Ammo :)

• finallysomepride
    finallysomepride

Hi sseveninches

welcome aboard, this is a great place to start

• stuckinamovement
    stuckinamovement

Welcome man! You are in good company here. There are many ex servants, elders and even a few co's and gilead grads. It's tough at first but it gets easier. Give it time with your family. For many the "truth" is the only bright spot in their sad lives. It is a tough thing to tell them outright that the one bright spot is actually a lie. I am looking forward to your posts.

Siam

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit