Lurker's first post

by sseveninches 75 Replies latest jw friends

• Vidqun
  • Vidqun
    Vidqun

I give up. I'm sure you'll get the general drift.

• cyberjesus
    cyberjesus

welcome, take it very slow..... jwfacts.org is a must.

• Resistance is Futile
    Resistance is Futile

Welcome seven, take it very slow with the family. The best way to bring up something like the UN is to claim that a householder or friend at college asked about it and you weren't sure how to answer. It helps to give the impression that they were "interested" and receptive.

Different family members will respond to different issues. You never know which one will sink in and really get them to think. It could be blood fractions, UN, pedophile coverup, false prophecies, overlapping generation, Jesus not being the mediator for the great crowd.

One of my JW relatives really seemed troubled when I got him to logically analyze the Watchtower's Armageddon doctrine. They teach that only JW's will be spared, which means that millions of children and babies will be slaughtered. Babies that can't even physically comprehend the "good news of the kingdom". These children will be lovingly slaughtered by Jehovah God and not be resurrected. It really takes a sociopathic mindset to accept this doctrine and not be even slightly troubled by it.

• Aussie Oz
    Aussie Oz

welcome!

''I'm a confused, newly appointed MS, and have no idea on what I should do, because of my family. If I come across anything new that is plain hyprocritical or just glaring deceit, I'm definitely making my exit though, no matter how my family reacts''.

you may well find this happens far faster then you imagine...so, take the good advice of those who have walked your path.

Oz

• Lozhasleft
    Lozhasleft

Hello SS7 and welcome! It's good to hear about a young one waking up. Stick around, there's so much to uncover, and if you can, do read Crisis of Conscience by Ray Franz, it's exceptional.

Loz x

• Kool Jo
    Kool Jo

Welcome 7:

Glad your learning the real truth about the WTBS. Take it slow as others have mentioned...I'm in a similar position like you...I'm a current MS (although not for long) with an extremist JW mom. At this moment I'm working on stepping down as a MS to make things easier. I Know you haven't been an MS long, but if you can step down...go ahead...people may seem disappointed in your decision...but to hell with them!

With regards to Holy Spirit appointing people...it's all a joke...why would the Holy Spirit appoint people who have doubts or who would become appostates shortly thereafter?

One of the sites that also has a ton of info is: www.jwfacts.org

I wish you all the best whatever decision you make...continue reading and researching...you'll be surprised about the stuff that the WTBS has been hiding over the years. We're all all here for you during this period of transistion.

Peace

Kool Jo

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

Take your time before telling your family (if you tell them at all).

Cannot emphasize this enough!!!!!!!

It's just like being new in the Truth(TM), you wanna blab to everyone about everything you have just learned. They hate you for it. This is the same. Suddenly you find your eyes are opened to TTATT (The Truth About The Truth) and you wanna warn everyone else how they are also being deceived. They'll hate you for it. Most are NOT ready to hear it. They will hear "Seven is an apostate!"

I just dropped a few kernels to my mom. The sh!+ hit the fan. The WTS is RIGHT even when they are WRONG!

I know that the only way to inform anyone who is "IN", is to "leak" it a little at a time.....best with questions? Better with questions about issues they mention that they are having. You need to fabricate a source for you finding these new questions......someone at school?.....someone at work?......etc. They you can open up subjects based on what the "student at school" told you, and claim you are just looking at how to "defend the good news".

Good luck.

Doc

• breakfast of champions
    breakfast of champions

Welcome SSEVENINCHES, and consider yourself lucky to have gone to college out of HS AND figure out TTATT (the truth about "the Truth") while you're young. Unfortunately, it took me til I was 40 to figure out why certain things just never added up, but when I did, I immediately signed up for school and began planning a new "framework" for my future.

Since you're looking to "lay low" for the time being, do be advised that even the SLIGHTEST questioning of the society will raise the defenses of your family and friends. . . So take it really sloooow. . . .

• sir82
    sir82

If I come across anything new that is plain hyprocritical or just glaring deceit,

Do a search on this site for the Society's out of context quotes from the Creation book, as well as the 2 new "anti-evolution" brochures that came out 2 or 3 years ago (don't recall their names).

Same thing with out-of-context quotations in the Trinity brochure.

It doesn't get more glaringly deceitful than that!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit