Watchtower's New "Toy Story" - What Parents Need To Know

by cedars 166 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• sabastious
    sabastious
    My question is, how many parents in their 20's -30's who LOVE their LOTR and other movies with "magical" content wil be ALIENATED by this video? How many will say "This goes too far. Ridiculous." I can think of about half a dozen right off the top of my head who will find this DVD cringeworthy and it will end up on the shelf, and not on the TV in front of their kids. BTW: I know the society really doesn't care who they alienate. They want LISTEN, OBEY BE BLESSED robots.

Hey BoC, I think that they want to weed out the parents who are not going to be compliant with their rigid lifestyle and youth indoctrination. The "Lesson 1: Obey Your Parents" goes for the parents watching too because they are supposed to look at themselves as perpetual children of Jehovah. They have to lead by example of being obedient to the Watchtower under the guise of being obedient to God. The Watchtower simply do not want parents who are not going to make their children sacrifice for the sake of "God's love." They'd rather they just go somewhere else, of course only through an undignified manner because there is no way to leave a cult with dignity. This video is meant to be watched by both parents and their children together.

The introduction by Anthony Morris III is telling to what the video's ultimate agenda is. To scare the hell out of JW parents about their children's futures. He specifically called the My Book of Bible Stories a "Godsend" which in the world of youth mind control it sure was. Imagery that incites emotion is imporant in mind control, every mind control artists worth their weight utilizes it effectively. To a JW parent they are accepting the mission impossible to save their child's life. If a book full of pictures can scare a child into obidience then it's a "Godsend." Just as this video will scare the parents watching, not necessarily the children, into forcing the child to do something out of FEAR and not common sense. The parent is scared into making the child fearful about their standing with God and Satan. The whole organization is built upon a strong foundation of fear and guilt.

This video needs to be shown to professional psychologists and government officals. I don't see how they can get away with this in this day in age. Mind control needs to be illegal or the future generations will not be able to run the world like they are supposed to. Mind control is everyone's problem whether you are in a cult, out of a cult or just a regular joe. I would call it a world crisis.

-Sab

• 00DAD
    00DAD

Cedars: Point 4 just confused me entirely I'm afraid

Sorry if my prose was unclear, but Chariklo answered it perfectly:

Chariklo: "I'm so proud of you for obeying". Never once do JW's seem to say "good boy" or "good girl".

• cedars
    cedars

lol 00DAD, I'm sure many JW parents actually do say that - but they're no longer living up to the Society's standards in doing so!!

Cedars

• yourmomma
    yourmomma

Sab makes good points, if there is any doubt that they are trying to weed out anyone other than zealots, just listen to the DC program this year. if you are not a zealot, you are wicked and worthy of death.

in addition, while the reason given for throwing out that toy is "magic", it really isnt about magic. as Sab points out, its about sacrifice for watchtower, and act of loyalty towards the WTS.

because there is almost no toy, movie, book, tv show, etc that hasent been demanded by the watchtower to be given up by faithful jw's. star wars, superman, harry potter, ET, you name it. and if its not mentioned by named, the guidelines are so rigid, they rule all almost all entertainment. for example, any movie with any violence or magic makes you a lover of violence or spiritism and worthy of death at armegeddon.

its all about making people sacrifice, the details arent important. there is almost nothing that watchtower doesnt ask you to sacrifice. they want ALL of your time, money, and resources.

they have gotten to a point that i didnt even think possible. its really scary. they are a full blown mind control cult, slowly climbing up the ladder, not too far behind scientology, and striving for that top spot with Jones and Koresh.

• Pistoff
    Pistoff

Will this video be like the "School and Jehovah's Witnesses" booklet?

That booklet was extreme; I would't take it in to school, but wifey did, yuck.

It was too extreme for most jw's I knew; no nothing extra curricular.

Maybe this 'Bad Toy Story' will be like that, just too extreme for most.

• Chariklo
    Chariklo

As many of you know, I was seriously bullied and manipulated by two elders back in February, when they tried (and failed) to guilt-trip me. They chose the wrong victim, and I walked.

Anyway, they took me completely by surprise, but I shouldn't have been surprised. I'd had prior warning about one of them when I saw him reprimand, in a manner calculated to scare an adult, a two-year-old for running in the KH after a meeting. Two-year-olds can only sit still, crawl with a car or run. They don't know about walking quietly.

This elder, for me, personifies the WT. he takes the WT on Sundays. He seems kind and smiley, makes jokes etc, but is power-crazy in his own household, where he is the only male, and needs women to be totally submissive. I can just see him bullying Caleb for brinigng in a bit of damp into the house (no way could there have been any mud from that immaculate garden, that's just part of the WT lie) and he'd be the first to shun anyone seen with Sparlock.

The man is a bully, and so is the WT.

• lisaBObeesa
    lisaBObeesa

SABASTIOUS, great posts. Right to the heart of the matter.

When you really boil it down with logic the toy is harmless so why is it such a big deal? Because throwing away a prized toy, a gift from a "wordly" even, is the perfect way to solidify loyalty to the Watchtower.

^^^^Yes! This^^^

They are training you to throw out whatever they tell you to throw out, wether it be your LOR videos, your free time, a beloved family member...or even you life (no blood).

Each thing that is given up is an investment in the WT...binds one just a bit tighter to the group...

Imagery that incites emotion is imporant in mind control

yes, and this video is not subtle at all. light, dark, happy faces, sad faces, crying, Adam and Eve old and shrivled, teddy bear burns up....

• jws
    jws

Sabastious wrote:

This video needs to be shown to professional psychologists and government officals. I don't see how they can get away with this in this day in age. Mind control needs to be illegal or the future generations will not be able to run the world like they are supposed to. Mind control is everyone's problem whether you are in a cult, out of a cult or just a regular joe. I would call it a world crisis.

Really? They'd have to start with almost everything in the world of advertising. Not to mention the control exerted by conglomerates who control several forms of media at once.

I don't know what the deal is that good JWs would even be allowed to watch LOTR in the first place. Maybe times changed. Maybe, as I've seen, there are regional differences and JWs aren't as uniform as they pretend to be. I know LOTR contained a lot of supernatural type things. Starting with the ring which contained dark powers. There was Gandalf and the other wizard (forget the name, Christopher Lee) were both doing wizard-type things. You have the all-seeing eye. The globes that could magically see other places. The 7 dark riders who could sense the ring when it was worn. So much stuff I wouldn't have been able to see it and I would say my peers at the Kingdom Hall would not have been allowed either. Good thing I wasn't a JW anymore when the movies came out. And now the Hobbit is coming out and offers more of Gandalf.

The only time I'd have been able to see anything like that would be if my parents didn't know what was in it. But typically word spread pretty quickly about movies.

On the surface, this looks like a lesson to avoid spiritism. But perhaps you're right that subliminally it is about sacrifice. If you want to see something way more scary than this, watch the documentary Jesus Camp. That really freaked the crap out of me. Maybe because I lived through the JWs and couldn't see it from the outside, but those kids seemed way more damaged and creepy than most of the JWs I knew.

• breakfast of champions
    breakfast of champions

SABASTIOUS - I hope I'm not coming off as worshipful of your posts on this subject, but this is gold:

"Obey Your Parents" goes for the parents watching too because they are supposed to look at themselves as perpetual children of Jehovah.

That is the whole damned thing in a nutshell. Perfect. X 1,000,000!

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

I think what really annoyed me about this video, is how dumbed down it is. Does the GB feel the most 'dubs are so stupid that they put lessons in the form of a cartoon? You can say this is for the kids, but I think it was a lesson for the adults.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit