Watchtower's New "Toy Story" - What Parents Need To Know

by cedars 166 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• cedars
  • dgp
    dgp

Bookmarked.

• cofty
    cofty

Looks like the Mormons have started talking about it...

That's rich

• cedars
    cedars

The Italians are on the case now...

http://forum.infotdgeova.it/viewtopic.php?f=17&t=11260

Incidentally, I've re-written my blog article to compensate for the fact that the videos can no longer be shown on YouTube. Originally I had these embedded in the article, but obviously that no longer works. I've therefore swapped things around a bit, and made use of my transcript of the key part of Lesson 2 after Caleb's mum catches him with the snake. They can block videos, but they can't block words on a page!

Cedars

• cedars
    cedars

Another quote from a dub on a JW forum who believes the DVD is an apostate hoax:

I see that the Society got the video banned from the internet. I think that proves that the DVD is an apostate hoax.

Enjoy your laugh apostates, your DVD trick has been exposed.

Here is the link: http://www.topix.com/forum/religion/jehovahs-witness/TV8QL85AIQCA52OD4/p12

Thanks to an anonymous poster for drawing my attention to this!

Cedars

• puffthedragon
  • Chariklo
    Chariklo

Nicely done, Puff.

• cofty
    cofty

Brilliant Puff!

• 00DAD
    00DAD

"My Bible Lessons" - WT feature for infants 3 and Under

For those that are interested in discussing the broader issues concerning the WT's agenda to indoctrinate children, particularly the very young, I created a related thread addressing the relatively new WT feature "My Bible Lessons". These two page "lessons" which appear in the Public version of the WT about every three months are specifically designed for infants "Age 3 and Under" and their parents.

Caleb of Sparlock fame made his debut in the most recent MBL.

"My Bible Lessons" - WT feature for infants 3 and Under

• jws
    jws

Puff, do you have a large graphic or is it just a tiny image photoshopped onto the photo?

I have JW neighbors. Although I have had several JWs call on me in field service, where I debate them just enough so they'll come back, I don't think my neighbors have any idea I talked to them or was a JW. Nobody where I live (to my knowledge) knows I was never a JW. And the neighbors go to the Spanish congregation anyway.

I don't know whether Puffthedragon actually made the shirt or just photoshopped it, but I like the idea. I can make a t-shirt with that iron-on printer paper.

This could be fun. The JW invented their own villian. With real-world fictional characters/movies like Lord of the Rings, Harry Potter, or Smurfs, somebody could be wearing a fan t-shirt and it has nothing to do with JWs. But Spurlock only exists in the JW world and this would be sort of an inside joke directed at them. Not as blatant as some t-shirt mocking 1914 or a "Watchtower sucks" t-shirt. It's sort of an easter-egg. They'd have to catch the reference and also understand that it's a JW-only character to know it's targeting them. I love it!

Every good JW has to buy the latest literature and videos. So you know my neighbors have seen it - especially since they have kids. What would they think if they saw me wearing it when I'm outside? I could also keep it by the door to throw on if I have JWs knocking.

How would JWs handle seeing somebody with a Spurlock shirt? Would they know somebody's poking fun at them? Or would they just think Spurlock was a real character the JWs were warning about (being that most of them are probably ignorant of copyright violations and assume the JWs can mention and portray real products)?

I might even have to make up a back-story for Spurlock to make it sound like he exists in pop culture someplace. Maybe a Japanese series so it's just obscure enough to explain why they haven't heard about it in Western culture before. Just in case somebody recognizes him and asks questions. Then they can run back to their Kingdom Hall telling everybody the story. How many JWs with secret lives will go googling Spurlock to try to find the videos?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit