I used to be a JW! Shocking, I know

by NewChapter 76 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• THE GLADIATOR
    THE GLADIATOR

NewChapter Perhaps your confrontational approach and certainty is nothing to do with having been a Jehovah's Witnesses, and more to do with your disposition. You give the impression of being strong, certain and intelligent, and I don’t doubt that you are. You are certainly entertaining.

Tolerance should not be mistaken for weakness. In both nature and engineering, strength is often found in things that have the greatest tolerance. Brittle things are prone to suddenly snap.

Until it’s Time for me to go.

I was an oak.

Now I'm a willow.

Now I can bend.”

• keyser soze
    keyser soze
    Nothing wrong with passionate opinions.

Agreed, as long as they're the same as mine.

• NewChapter
    NewChapter

I can tolerate without agreeing. It's not like I grab random people off the street and force them into a debate. I do not consider tolerance weakness---but neither to I consider respecting outrageous ideas to be strength. The most I can give is respect for a person's right to hold a certain idea---and even that has it's limits. That's not enough for some people, and to them, I suppose I will always have a scarlette breast. But we all have our styles, that is for sure. I don't dislike my style, nor do I dislike yours, Gladiator. But we are different in our approach---which is good. If we had the exact same approach, then maybe someone could accuse of group think---or JWTHINK.

• THE GLADIATOR
  • Glander
    Glander

NC, as someone above alluded to, you seem kind of brittle.

My only comment here is that you have plunged into the POLITICAL arena here with both feet. You have a understandable personal interest in the public health care discussion and you have expressed your feelings very strongly. Strongly enough that those who don't as you do respond with the same level of conviction. I used to be pretty rough on you until I became aware of your personal circumstances. I apologized to you and I was reminded to be a little softer than I have been in the past. I thank you for that.

I don't know if this has any relevance to your opening post here.

You are a good person.

• NewChapter
    NewChapter

Glander--it doesn't have relevance to the opening. That was something different. And although Cofty's law is invoked at times on the political threads, I haven't been playing on them much. But for the record, and I think you know this, my stance on health care has nothing to do with me having been a JW either. And it is not entirely personal. I have watched many people I care about suffer because they can't get proper healthcare and have no options anymore. So agree with me, or disagree with me, or decide to call me brittle, it has nothing to do with a scarlet breast.

NC

• noni1974
    noni1974

Funny that one scarlet breast is telling another scarlet breast that their breast is scarlet. Looks like someone doesn't own a mirror.

• Glander
    Glander

No offense intended, NC. I should have read more carefully.

That being the case, what is the meaning behind the expression Scarlett Breast?

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

Oops, I was reading it as Scarlett Beast. My bad.

• NewChapter
    NewChapter

That being the case, what is the meaning behind the expression Scarlett Breast?

Just something silly that morphed out of my comment that I have a scarlett JW stitched forever to my breast. After a few posts, it became scarlett breast.

NC

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit