I used to be a JW! Shocking, I know

by NewChapter 76 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• nugget
    nugget

New chapter you do hold a strong opinion that JWs are not God's organisation and you are right.

You can stand your ground in a debate after all if you can be wrong so can someone else, it is only by debating something with vigor that we challenge what we know. What is great is that you put your ideas out there without fear. Arguments are not won by the number of words or by the passion with which they are expressed but by how they withstand scrutiny by others. What is refreshing is the grace to consider someone elses point of view and accept that you may be wrong on occasion.

Truth is a dangerous concept accepting that the word should be treated with caution is a form of intellectual maturity not a sign of weakness.

Your contribution is a valued and respected one never doubt your voice .

• NewChapter
    NewChapter

Still Thinking! You have a PM!

• elderelite
    elderelite

no i want to see you breast(s) because a former jw MAN :-D

• NewChapter
    NewChapter

Thank you nugget. That was very sweet.

• still thinking
    still thinking
    Still Thinking! You have a PM!

I think your PM must be invisible.......I don't see it......Is it because you were once a JW?

• NewChapter
    NewChapter

LOL---I sent it again! Because, as an ex JW, you have so little faith and were not able to see the first PM>

• THE GLADIATOR
    THE GLADIATOR

Over the years I have had some heavy debates with Christians on this forum, both as Gladiator and under my real name. Whenever I quoted bible versus that contradicted their assertions, they would state that the bible is not inerrant or reliable. At other times they would quote from the same bible as the final authority to support their beliefs.

Whenever I questioned the duplicity of this contradictory behaviour, I was told that I was stuck with a Jehovah's Witness mentality that affected my attitude towards the bible. They urged me to embrace a more elastic view of the bible and belief. A flexible, slippery, imaginative attitude that perceives the bible as a no more than a metaphor.

As it happens I see my time spent as a Jehovah's Witness as a positive experience. It has enabled me to smell bull a mile off.

• wasblind
    wasblind

New Chapter,

thanks for F**kin' my day up, I don't think my sisters will ever respect or take my

opinion on anything serious AGAIN.

Like I said before, If they find out about the Miracle Wheat thingy

they just might get together, and decide to put my ass up somewhere

gotta find someway to build up my " street cred " wit 'em

won't be easy though,

When they talk religion, if I chime in, they give me the look

yes, and that's the look that my natural born sistas now give me

I'm forever marked

• NewChapter
    NewChapter

Gladiator said: As it happens I see my time spent as a Jehovah's Witness as a positive experience. It has enabled me to smell bull a mile off.

• Vidqun
    Vidqun

NewChapter, I view it like this. One has built up a stock of knowledge thus far. The foundation is there. Now one builds on that. If parts of the foundation are shaky, rebuild. Just make sure you don't redo the whole foundation at once. Then the whole house comes tumbling down.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit