Please someone, explain scientifically how an omnipotent,omniscience,omnipresent,almighty GOD came from nothing

by smiddy 107 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Witness My Fury
    Witness My Fury

Aha! The Great Void ... farted, still stands. .....Disprove it if you dare!

• mindseye
    mindseye

The hypothesis that the universe came from nothing has a substantial basis (complex equations and science that is above my right-brained head). This is counterintuitive, but so is most of what we know about quantum physics.

In any case, this still doesn't discount God or religion, unless you're holding on to the concept of God as 'creator.' The universe coming from nothing has profound theological implications, and has parallels with process theology, apophatic theology (where God is defined by what he/she/it is not), and Buddhism (where nothing plays a big part!).

• mP
    mP

given god might be a programmer, its important to know that void denotes a method or function that does return anything...

• James Brown
    James Brown

We could be in a computer program. Richard Dawkins has alluded to that posibility.

God would be in a different universe or realm that man is not aware of.

Which to me correlates or runs parallel to the more primitive explanation of my JW youth.

God is a spirit. Man does not know about spirits.

We know how to spell spirits and debunk and redicule spirits but we dont know anything about them.

To the point that most say they dont exits, which would parallel God is a computer programer.

We cant comprehend that, or we cant put our finger on it and put it under a microscope.

• Witness My Fury
    Witness My Fury

@James Brown: ...... or it could all be complete bollocks.

• AGuest
    AGuest

Greetings, dear Smiddy... and peace to you! Off "sick" today and after persusing quite a few threads thought, "Nahhh, leave it, Shel; way too 'deep' up in here, right now." And so I was just about to close down... when I came across this and felt compelled to respond. So... here goes:

"... explain scientifically how... GOD came from nothing..."

Side-stepping the whole "ominipotent, omniscience, omnipresent" thing (because those are words/descriptions attributed to the Most Holy One of Israel by earthling man and are not necessarily accurate, given earthling man's definition, and so another subject altogether and not within the scope here)... the truth is that your question cannot be explained... answered... or even responded to... "scientifically."

Not because science can't explain God (it can, actually, and does; unfortunately, though, we... man... haven't reached the level of scientific knowledge and understanding to do that, yet)... but because your question is false. It asks how God "came from nothing", which is a false premise: the Most Holy One of Israel did not come from nothing, so there is no scientific explanation/formula that can explain that. Nor, however, did He come from something: The Most Holy One of Israel did not "come from" anything: He IS the thing... that all [other] things came from. Including Christ, His Son, who came forth FROM Him. Science CAN explain, however, how all of those other things came from GOD, including Christ: he (Christ), by means of love, and all others by means of [the] Light that is Christ.

Awhile ago it was published that scientists had discovered that "something" can come from "nothing" (although, that "nothing" isn't truly nothing; it is something) by means of the results of a photon collision... which resulted in matter. "Something" (matter) where "nothing" was before. But something was there before: the photon. Energy. Light.

The problem with this for most folks is that the collision's results were tiny (infinitesimally tiny, actually), but those who take issue with this forget [one of] the very truthful analog(ies) regarding the acorn and oak tree: "From very small things come very great things." WE, humans, however, make the mistake of thinking that all that exists in the physical world resulted from a very large event. That is only partly true, though: that large event started with a very tiny event. Very tiny. Infinitesimally tiny.

I posted about this elsewhere when a similar topic arose on the board (www.jehovahs-witness.net/watchtower/bible/198212/1/Yoo-Hoo, Dear NVL). Perhaps you can read that, if you've a mind to, and get a little more sense of what I'm sharing. If not (perhaps because you didn't really expect anyone to attempt a serious and valid response to your query), no worries - it is what it is - I only offered a response because I've given you the benefit of the doubt that you DO want a serious answer... or, if not you, some other dear one.

There is the presumption that spiritual things cannot be explained by the physical. I offer that not all spiritual things can be so explained... yet... but much can. The physical realm came out of the spiritual, is an extension of it and so connected, such that each can explain the other at some point. The limitations arise when we try to explain the spiritual by means of the physical FIRST... without regard for the spiritual. That's doing it backward, actually - one must first understand the spiritual to know HOW the physical can... and does... explain it.

Paul (?) tapped into that (for those who "need" Paul to get the truth of what I'm sharing), when he wrote that (1) the physical man cannot "get" spiritual things because he is physical and so they are foolishness to him (meaning, the physical man won't even consider the spiritual aspect; unfortunately, such a man is cheating himself out of FULL knowledge, because he is limiting himself to only part of what's true); and (2) that one only need look at the physical creation to know there is a God... and so such one's ignorance as to God is inexcusable.

Rather than looking to large phenomena (i.e., such that can be discerned with the flesh via eyes, ears, nose, etc.), perhaps man would do better to continue his search for something very small, so small that the flesh cannot "behold" it. Starting with something like... well... a whisper.

Again, I bid you peace!

Your servant and a slave of Christ,

SA

• Witness My Fury
  • James Brown
    James Brown

@James Brown: ...... or it could all be complete bollocks.

Thats true it could be.

Cant tell when your dealing with faith.

But thru out history scientist have had to have faith to explore and expand upon their theories.

• THE GLADIATOR
    THE GLADIATOR

AGuest Just when I thought it was safe to go round the bend, you have come back to straighten me out after a 4 month absence.

Good to see you back on the forum.

• AGuest
    AGuest

The greatest of love and peace to you, dear Glad... you and your household... and great to "see" you, too!

Your servant and a slave of Christ,

SA

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit