Please someone, explain scientifically how an omnipotent,omniscience,omnipresent,almighty GOD came from nothing

by smiddy 107 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

It's not a character flaw that Old Generation is describing, but honestly that old habits die hard. Most of us have to make conscious efforts to get rid of that indoctrination. For most of us, it doesn't just evaporate because we walked away. The WT is a cult that had us brainwashed. We shed its effects on us not in one fell swoop, but gradually and in pieces.

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow
    I think that is no more than what most of us want, and so that should be given. Disagreement and fair discussion/argument can be had without discrediting a person's mental or emotional faculties.

I don't read that Old Generation is discrediting anyone's mental or emotional faculties by what he said. I don't think he is aiming his posts personally at NC. He is talking about the exjw community in general.

• tec
    tec

No doubt. I have baggage too, and I'm sure that some is what I don't even think IS baggage. So did Paul at first, even though he heard Christ. So do we all. It is hard to shake off the chains of our pasts (jw or not) But NC has asked that such comparisons about her cease. She is truly upset by them. So whether someone thinks it or not, such comparisons should cease to be made at least in regard to her, because she has asked it to cease. This should be respected. I think she should be given credit for her own thoughts, logic, biases, virtues and flaws.

Peace,

tammy

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

I read his first comments on the subject. They were addressed to no individual. His comments are very valid and helpful. I wish NC would not take his comments personally. They are meant for us all.

• tec
    tec

I realize that he is speaking in general, FHN, and from what he understands. Nothing wrong with that. But it doesn't hurt for him to understand how it makes some others feel.

Peace,

tammy

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

It isn't his fault if people aren't reading his very wise, well thought out observations and comments carefully. If we are too sensitive, it can blind us to what he is really trying to say. He isn't trying to hurt anyone. What he is saying needs to be said. It's very valid and eye opening for any ex jw reading on this forum.

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow
    I don't agree with her conclusions, but right or wrong I give her credit for them without thinking that she has been damaged by the WTS.

I don't think he is talking about how she got her conclusions or how we got our conclusions. I think he is talking about our approach and level of respect in discussing our conclusions with others. I don't see this as a problem that is exclusive to you, me or NC, but as something we can carry with us, to varying, very individual degrees when we leave . I think that is all he means. I recall him saying that we exjws should support each other.

• smiddy
    smiddy

For the record freinds I posted this thread as a response to http://www.jehovahs-witness.net/watchtower/beliefs/226208/1/Simple-answer-please-Scientifically-explain-the-origin-of-life-coming-from-nothing, offering an alternative veiwpoint inviting discussion from the other side so to speak. Please no personal attacks on anyone.This is a discussion forum where all veiws should be respected. smiddy P.S. (Even when you think the other viewpoint is crap ) Sorry, couldn`t resist it.

• yadda yadda 2
    yadda yadda 2

Its the stuff of metaphysics really, not (current) science.

To deny God's existence by the objection 'but who created God' is not correct. The correct question is 'could life, eg, the first cell, have originated by chance?' If the answer is no, then we have to conclude there is some external constructive intelligence 'designer', and leave the harder question of where that intelligence came from to another time. For example, maybe God evolved?

• Vidqun
    Vidqun

God came into being through the process of abiogenesis.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit