Downloadable leaflet "Highlights From The Finished Mystery"

by cedars 69 Replies latest watchtower bible

• cedars
    cedars

Hi everyone

I've just finished my fourth and final "Under the Microscope" series of articles in which (hopefully) I've debunked many of the arguments often put forward by those claiming that Jehovah's Witnesses MUST be God's sole channel of communication with mankind.

This latest article focusses mostly on "The Finished Mystery" and the many errors contained therein that prove it couldn't possibly have been approved by Christ when he was ostenisbly selecting the Bible Students as his chosen earthly representatives in 1919. I would like to thank and acknowledge Alfred as being a huge help in compiling a list of key "highlights" of the book that serve to expose it for what it really is - a total work of fiction and absurdity.

Shortly before Alfred left this forum, we discussed the possibility of using his list to produce a special leaflet that people could print out themselves and insert in their "Revelation Climax" books, or "Revelation Climax" books belonging to family members. I'm delighted to announce (with my best Sunday afternoon convention speaker voice!) that this leaflet is now ready, and available for download on the links below:

Highlights from the Finished Mystery - A4 format

Highlights from the Finished Mystery - Letter format

(You'll notice I've designed the leaflets to be printed double-sided and then folded.)

Like I said, if this leaflet can be used to get the word out about this awful book among JWs, that would be "absolutely wonderful" (to quote Guy Pierce). I have checked all of Alfred's references, made one or two "tweaks" here and there to make them more "bullet proof", and also added a few extra notes of my own. I must say that trawling through the book was a draining experience, and in my article I compare it to walking in on an elderley relative who is in a compromising situation!!

Obviously, if you could give me your feedback on the "1919" article itself, that would be appreciated. Here is the link:

http://jwsurvey.org/cedars-blog/under-the-microscope-the-watch-tower-societys-claims-to-divine-direction-part-4

In the article, as well as discussing 1918/1919 doctrine at length, I also touch on my "makeweight scenario" for explaining the fallacy of increased light, as well as including a few barbed remarks about the Governing Body and their apparent disdain for the anointed, who they ostensibly "represent". You'll notice I've tried to use scriptures and references wherever possible, and make the tone of the article "JW friendly" as far as my writing skills and honesty will allow.

Anyway, over to you! Hope you can make use of the new leaflet!

(As always, if you haven't yet participated in the 2012 JW survey, please do so!)

Cedars

• darthfader
    darthfader

awesome work. thanks!

• breakfast of champions
    breakfast of champions

Nice leaflet! My boxed set of SIS does not include FM because it was printed in 1914, but there is at least one version of TFM in google books, perhaps others elsewhere. . . Maybe I should print some out to distribute in the contribution boxes at the DC this summer. . . .

• cedars
    cedars

breakfast of champions

Maybe I should print some out to distribute in the contribution boxes at the DC this summer. . . .

That's a great idea! Although, to be honest, if you post a leaflet in every contribution box, the boxes will all be emptied in one location and the leaflets likely destroyed in one go. I don't want you wasting your ink! However, if you could sneak copies onto people's seats without anyone noticing, I think you might just do some damage!!

Cedars

• yesidid
    yesidid

Brilliant!

Thank you Cedars.

• daringhart13
    daringhart13

Thanks you so much for this.....brilliant!

• cedars
    cedars

My pleasure everyone, I hope it comes in useful.

breakfast of champions - you may want to re-download your copy. I updated the file to have the address of our website www.jwsurvey.org in small print at the end. If you are going to distribute copies at the convention, it would be nice to get a few extra survey participants!!

Cedars

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

Thanks Cedars, you work so hard for the cause ! This may well help many to wake up.

A number of JW's that I presented with this very information just refused to see it, by see it, I mean take in the import of it, they airily rejected it on a number of spurious grounds, there are none so blind as those who will not see.

So don't be upset if this does not cause immediate quick results, it must, though, add to their Cognitive Dissonance, which builds over time until breaking point is reached.

Honest hearted JW's (to use a WT phrase) will see straight away that the WT claims are not just baseless, but downright lies.

Thanks again, and keep up the good work !

• Vanderhoven7
    Vanderhoven7

Very helpful material...thank you Cedars

• jemba
    jemba

Awesome stuff Cedars, once again. Thankyou for all your hard work and dedication put into opening the eyes of JWs and educating us who have left.

I think Ill letter box drop these to some of the crazy uber dubs in my area.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit