Downloadable leaflet "Highlights From The Finished Mystery"

by cedars 69 Replies latest watchtower bible

• GeneM
    GeneM

OK you won me over. If you ever need any help with your projects I can. I'm a good writer and can edit/photoshop pictures.

• processor
    processor

During Translation I found a small error in the leaflet. It's not a large thing, but it might confirm the typical "apostates are liars" opinion.

Your leaflet says:

According to The Finished Mystery ... Jesus "assumed the office of king" in 1878 (p66).

But this is not true. According to the book, the year 1878 is NOT "the date at which our Lord assumed the office of King", but it is corresponding to this date. The full paragraph says:

So then.— "The Spring of 1878, corresponding to the date at which our Lord assumed the office of King, rode on the ass, cleansed the Temple of its moneychangers, and wept over and gave up to desolation that nominal church or kingdom, marks the date from which the nominal church systems are not the mouth-pieces of God, nor in any degree recognized by Him."— B235.

Of course there may be other passages that claim that Jesus would have become King in 1878, but this paragraph does not.

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

Jehovah's Witnesses MUST be God's sole channel of communication with mankind.

Only because it creates unremitting complete power and control over mankind as well this proposition

helps to validate the WTS. own published literature.

There is hidden marketing agenda to the WTS. Corporation, even if you don't obviously see it.

• cedars
    cedars

Thanks processor - the language is so convoluted that it's difficult to know what the writers are referring to at times. How do you suggest I re-phrase the sentence? I can then amend the PDF and reload it.

How about "Jesus 'gave up to desolation' the 'nominal Church systems'..."

Or "Jesus removed the nominal church systems as mouthpieces of God"

What do you think?

Cedars

• clarity
    clarity

Cedars great leaflet! packed with goood stuff!

Easy to see that many hours & enourmous effort went into it.

>

Thank you Cedars and thank Alfred for his part ......... we are so lucky to have people so dedicated to releasing the captives to the cults!

clarity

• cedars
    cedars

clarity- thanks very much, hopefully Alfred knows what's become of his work!

Note to all, I am updating the PDFs to incorporate processor's suggestion. The files won't be available for the next 15-20 minutes. I'll let you know once they're safe to upload again.

Thanks!

Cedars

• cedars
    cedars

Hi everyone, the PDFs are now fixed and should now stand up to the closest scrutiny!

Thanks to processor for noticing the error, for which you all have my apologies...

Cedars

• processor
    processor

You're welcome :) .. I just found it during translation. If I find further errors I'll tell you :)

So far I have not found another error, but the "chart following page 64" does not exist in the German book. Looking for another passage.

• processor
    processor

Damn. The German book doesn't mention alarm clocks for the clergy. And it doesn't call barbed wire a blessing of Christ's Kingdom, as does the English book. (And at least my 1925 edition translated "the worldwide Hebrew domion over the whole world" with "God's Kingdom" - I asked someone who has a printed 1918 edition to look up that passage.)

• cedars
    cedars

processor - that's a shame, I suppose it's too much to ask for the Society not to tamper with their own publications in different translations...

Out of interest, does the German version claim that Kaiser Wilhelm was driven by "evil spirits"?? I like that one! lol

I guess you will just have to modify your version to compensate for the Society's lack of consistency. That should be a bonus, because I had to make the font really small to fit everything in. At least you will have slightly more space to work with!

Cedars

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit