Downloadable leaflet "Highlights From The Finished Mystery"

by cedars 69 Replies latest watchtower bible

• cedars
    cedars

processor - I would suggest changing whatever you need to change in the german version, but leaving the English be. I have read and re-read page 66, and I actually think that, in this case "corresponding to" means that all of those following list of things happened in that year. I think any English-speaking person would come to a similar conclusion, but you should have freedom to do what you can to make the German leaflet accurate for a German audience. I know how things can sometimes get lost in translation, and I really admire people like you who can read between the lines. However, I think it was just a poorly written sentence that was actually conveying those ideas, namely that Christ took office in 1878, etc.

Here is the original text...

And there is also this chart, which speaks of Jesus beginning his reign in 1878...

In short, I don't think we're deceiving anyone either by using that quote or the page number. I think this is what the Bible Students actually believed, and what was intended by the quote.

Cedars

• processor
    processor

You're a native English speaker, so I trust your judgment regarding that passage.

For the German issue, however, the wording is quite clear - stating that Jesus 'assuming the office of king' and the other events happened in A. D. 33, while in 1878 a "corresponding" event happened, namely that the churches lost their position as Gods's mouthpiece.

But anyway, I found a passage that IS clear - it is on page 217 of the English edition and says:

The Return of the Lord is here pictured as accomplished, the sleeping saints raised, and the full number called. This was all fulfilled in 1878. (Rev. 11:17.) At that time our Lord took unto Himself His great power and began His Reign.
  • cedars
    cedars

processor - perfect! there you go, you can simply use that page number for the German version. Problem solved!

I really appreciate the depth with which you are looking into everything, and making sure it all stands up to scrutiny.

Cedars

• processor
    processor

BTW, I like the fact the German issue does not distinct between inventions and discoveries - it mentions only "inventions" such as "North Pole", "Radium", "South Pole". But "barbed wire" is not mentioned.

• adamluis
    adamluis

Thanks a lot my friend.

• processor
    processor

Soo .. the German translation is ready.

The brochure - in the same format as the English one - can be downloaded here:

http://www.svhelden.info/pdf/hp-geheimnisbuch.pdf

It is basically an exact translation, except for few changes required by alterations in the German issue of The Finished Mystery. I also used different pictures due to Europe's strict copyright laws. And the font is much smaller, simply because of the German language.

I also published a modified version on my homepage:

http://www.svhelden.info/?page_id=110

This version features links to scans of almost all cited pages (except for those from the German 1918 issue). Since I am a famous apostate and atheist, I removed statements like "This was producted by thinking Jehovah's Witnesses".

I will further distribute this in the German board.

• cedars
    cedars

Excellent work processor, you pulled that off very quickly. I do appreciate you spreading the word in the German language.

I'm also impressed with your diligence and attention to detail.

Cedars

• processor
    processor

BTW, did you notice that according to the Finished Mystery, "the Elijah class [according to newer publications 'the faithful and discreet slave', persisting in declaring the Truth ... is the real Pope"? - page 270

• cedars
    cedars

Processor - no I didn't notice that. However, that's just one of many interpretations in the book that are polar opposites of what is believed today. For example, the "rider on the white horse" is said to be the Pope, note Jesus. Michael the Archangel casting Satan and his demons down to earth? Why, that's the Pope too! Today it would be considered blasphemy. Back then it was simply "new light".

Cedars

• Confusedandangry
    Confusedandangry

Wow, I'm bumping this for newbies or new lurkers. I cant believe they are still promoting this book (The Finished Mystery) in their JW broadcasts!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit