Downloadable leaflet "Highlights From The Finished Mystery"

by cedars 69 Replies latest watchtower bible

• cedars
    cedars

Thanks 00DAD - try downloading the "letter" version again!

Cedars

• 00DAD
    00DAD

All fixed!

Thanks,

00DAD

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

Brilliant work Cedars, we owe you a debt of gratitude.

I only wish that this kind of logical evidence would be as convincing to the oldie dubs of the family.

Without the details, they know that the old books contained mainly errors . At the wife's Hall they have these books in the library and I have often browsed them and pointed out things that are,frankly, laughable. They know that they misapplied scripture and got it wrong. They are as aware as anyone of failed prophecy dates, and you know? it is a big joke !

"Of course we all believed that the New World would be here long before now, that the generation that saw 1914..........." etc. They laugh it off and just go on believing in the overall "truth" of The Society"

Something made me wake up, I wish it would happen for them.

• processor
    processor

The links in your original post still provide the original files with all the flaws. How to download the new ones?

• cedars
    cedars

processor - I beg to differ, they don't! The files referred to in the original OP have been deleted from the server, so it's impossible to download them anymore. Try refreshing your browser. Unless the laws of physics are somehow being tampered with, it should only be possible to download the amended files from page 1 of this thread.

let me know how it goes!

Cedars

• processor
    processor

Ok, sorry, it's basically my mistake.

However, the current version does still mention that "Jesus assumed the office of King in 1918", a sentence that I though you would have removed because it's not what the book says.

• cedars
    cedars

processor, can you tell me PRECISELY where it says that? I can't see it anywhere on the latest version.

Cedars

• processor
    processor

On the first page, lower right corner, in the "Jesus Christ" section, 2nd/3rd line.

This is in the file that I just downloaded from a corporate computer via the corporate Internet gateway in Finland, so I'm 100 % sure that it came from your server. The PDF says that it was created May 28 at 18:13:50 and is 6,679,904 bytes in size.

• cedars
    cedars

processor - yes, I've found it, although having investigated this in the book, it appears the original quote re. 1878 is accurate.

The following chart from my finished mystery PDF shows that the Bible Students did indeed believe back then that Christ assumed office in 1878, which I believe is what the book intended to convey on page 66, even if it did so using very convoluted language.

It seems a waste to go changing things when this is what they actually believed! Would you agree?

Cedars

• processor
    processor

It seems a waste to go changing things when this is what they actually believed!

Well ... just imagine to be an ordinary JW. You get this leaflet, and you start reading it. You find this quote, look it up in the original book, and see that the book seems to say something different. Won't you say: "Ah, the usual apostate lies" and throw the leaflet away? I would have done so in my JW times. (And I still don't consider the above picture as clear proof - it could also mean that "A. D. 1878" was foreshadowed by Jeesus assuming powr and title of King [in A. D. 33].

Of course this is your brochure and you can do what you want ... but it's just my opinion that I would have considered this a clear proof of your lying in my JW times.

Maybe you should leave the quote as it is but refer to the page with the chart instead of page 66, though I would suggest to remove the statement completely.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit