Downloadable leaflet "Highlights From The Finished Mystery"

by cedars 69 Replies latest watchtower bible

• processor
    processor

Pff ... the 1918 edition said that certain developments "may occur in 1920, six years after the great Time of Trouble began". The German 1925 edition says "in due time" instead of "in 1920" ... so basically "six years after an unknown point in time" ...

• cedars
    cedars

paladin - there is only one link, although if you email me at [email protected] I can try emailing the file to you? Please specify whether you need Letter or A4.

processor - hang in their buddy. My brain started to melt after I'd read so many pages of that dreadful craziness. Please don't let it get the better of you!!

Cedars

• The Oracle
    The Oracle

Great work Cedars. Well done.

I am certain this will be effective in opening the minds of more than a few active JWs.

Thank you.

The Oracle

• processor
    processor

Actually ... a major part of the statements regarding certain years (1914, 1920), rulers (Kaiser Wilhelm posessed by demons) and others (e. g. that war is not Christian) are missing from the 1925 issue. They have replaced most of the year dates with terms like "in due time" and mitigated the other statements.

Good that we have "a mighty hunter in opposition to Jehovah['s Witnesses]" who has a 1918 issue. I have asked him for the exact wording there, but it seems to be fully corresponding to the English 1917 issue.

• processor
    processor

@cedars: We have a public holiday today, that's why I spent some time with it. Anyway, I always wanted to create something like that - and of course it's way easier to translate your compilation than create an own one.

• cedars
    cedars

processor - I really do appreciate your work on this. I know translation isn't an easy process, especially when you throw in formatting somebody else's document and making all the text fit. It's wonderful that you're making the leaflet more accessible, and hopefully it will free a few minds in German-speaking countries.

Keep up the great work, but of course, do it in your own time. We all have lives!

Cedars

• processor
    processor

translation isn't an easy process

The difficult part is finding the correct German quotes. But as I said before, I always wanted to create something like that. And today I did not only work on that but I also walked 13 km through the forest =)

• TJ Curioso
    TJ Curioso

Cedars I will like to translate the leaflet in portuguese language.

Can you send me the original to my email: [email protected]

• cedars
    cedars

Thanks TJ, that's excellent news! I'll send you an email.

Cedars

• 00DAD
    00DAD

Great work!

I don't know if it's just me, but two things are odd looking in the "letter format" pdf I downloaded. In the "What did 'Revelation Climax' ..." box:

1. First paragraph, last reference, the "5" in Revelation 17:1, 2, 5 - there is a "?" before the number "5"
    2. Second paragraph, second sentence, the apostrophe in the words "Christ's" - it looks like a "?" instead of an apostrophe

The A4 version does NOT have these anomalies.

00DAD

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit