Fistfights for seats at DC?

by Blind_Of_Lies 63 Replies latest jw experiences

• Dagney
    Dagney

People never followed the counsel, and there was always a stampede when the doors open. The attendants were supposed to take the excessive mags of the excessive seat saving, but that could start a war.

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

Ah yes, and the talk they gave before they opened the gates. At least in LBC, the "bad" seats were just the ones on top. At least we had AC there. I don't think I ever made it through an entire assembly at Dodgers

• outsmartthesystem
    outsmartthesystem

Yeah.....Brother "Wash myself sparingly" was always to the left. Brother "So big I spill into the seat next to me" was always to the right. And Brother "I am the only guy in this whole f***ing building who is 7 feet tall but I happen to be sitting behind you" was always......directly behind me.

Ya know what else I really love? When Brother and Sister obese bring out their lunch bag at noon. What's inside? 2 waters, 2 carrots and one turnip for them to share. C'mon. really? Who are you fooling? You both wouldn't be 500 lbs if you ate like that all the time

• La Falta Habitacion Por Sr Hor-Hey!!
    La Falta Habitacion Por Sr Hor-Hey!!
    All this just to listen to the same dribble every year

My sentiments exactly. Same repetative crap every year, year after year, and year after year. To me the oppurtunity to knock the teeth out of a WT Heavyweight's mouth for repeating the same ol crap every year would be the only thing worth fistfighting over at the convention.

• paladin
    paladin

I remember the old outdoor DC's and the pigeons crapping all over those nice clean suits. LOL

• Deceived
    Deceived

Yah I call it Kingombordom, This is at a DA way back early 60's I went too, my Mom Took this picture of a friend of hers from our congregation snoozing. LOL.

I still remember the long line ups for the washroom at Yankee Stadium, it was sometimes over an hour wait for the Ladies bathroom. I had to go bad once and was almost peeing my pants and I was crying from pain trying to hold it but My Mom wouldn't ask anyone to let me in ahead. You needed diapers and no drinking. I remember the horrible cafeteria line ups and the metal trays and having to stand up to eat under tents outside in the parking lot.

We were too poor to get a hotel room so my family were assigned a cheap room in some strangers (not JW) home. Not fun.

Nowadays I guess its still bad according to this thread.

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

Clean suits? You must have been in a different religion

• breakfast of champions
    breakfast of champions

I always enjoyed watching them send garbage bags from the upper tiers of Yankee Stadium down zip lines into the dumpsters. Beat the hell out of listening to Franz or Cookie Puss yammer on!

• Dagney
    Dagney

Nothing like the smell of the restrooms and the stairwells in 100+ degree heat. I seriously can smell it now just thinking about it.

Yeah, some of those brofers wore suits throughout. Stupid cult.

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

That's why I always volunteered. Sitting and listenning to the droning speakers was just like pealing skin off me. That and I learned that if u walk around the DA with a clipboard in your hand, while looking forward as if u have a goal in mind, will let you avoid any "volunteer" duty. I did it the last few years

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit