Atheism

by avatar 837 Replies latest jw friends

• james_woods
    james_woods
    How would you feel if someone publicly stated that you are incapable of love?

I would ignore it, because I love my Ferrari.

• james_woods
    james_woods
    j_w - tks.
    This issue has angered me for quite some time. Many people have been labelled with BPD in the last ten years when, in actuality, they could receive some genuine help and understanding. Instead, we slap the BPD label on them, and wash our hands of them. It's sad.
    The same holds true for bipolarism - a lot of folks get misdiagnosed with this, when they are really dissociative - and there are many levels of dissociation. It is NOT a disease; rather, it is a coping mechanism that children of high intelligence use, when abuse takes place (usually at a stage of pre-cognitive thinking, ie, before 8-10 years of age), and the way it is dealt with is by compartmentalizing the brain so that the child can survive the horror, without going into a catatonic state, or suiciding.

Exactly, Talesin.

Glad you see it.

• Low-Key Lysmith
    Low-Key Lysmith

You seem to have the art of avoidance mastered, James.

More excuses. More enabling. More breastfeeding.

I wonder if you'll ever come out and admit that her deletion was well-earned and well-deserved?

• james_woods
    james_woods

Ignore.

• tec
    tec

Low-key, I have re-read that thread. She was making an abstract point about God being love. She did, however, go on to state that of course atheists were capable of knowing and showing love. Just that they did not know God.

Hard to understand, I get it. But not malicious.

And no one has said you should never have stuck up for her, Tec.

I think at the heart of it, this is the sentiment. At least that it started out this way. I think this only because I didn't throw anyone under a bus before I was already accused of being biased, or of attacking, or of stating things I had not said.

Later though, I should have tried harder to find a better way to handle it. I have apologized for that.

Peace,

tammy

• talesin
    talesin

oh, did someone get deleted? seriously, I had no idea. oops

t

• Low-Key Lysmith
    Low-Key Lysmith
    Ignore.

Can you DO that on this forum? I have never been able to find the "Ignore" option when it comes to individual members.

Ignore away, James. You may have missed the epic, brilliant novel that is Low-Key Lysmith.

• talesin
    talesin

You may have missed the epic, brilliant novel that is Low-Key Lysmith.

You are *****in "A" in my books, too, LKL!

t

• james_woods
    james_woods
    oh, did someone get deleted? seriously, I had no idea. oops

Yup. But she is OK.

• Rabbit
    Rabbit

Surely this: http://www.npr.org/blogs/krulwich/2012/05/17/152913171/the-essence-of-science-explained-in-63-seconds

will offer some explanation, although 'believers', one-way-or-the -other might take issue with it. Like Tal, I read the first & last pages.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit