Atheism

by avatar 837 Replies latest jw friends

• Low-Key Lysmith
    Low-Key Lysmith
    Perhaps. I think many here have totally missed the theme of the novel that was N.drew.

Maybe. But at what point do you stop feeling around in a bucket of shit to try to find a pearl?

Still making excuses for her, I see. Your nipples should look like hamburger, at this point.

• james_woods
    james_woods

Vincent van Gogh cut off his ear too - but I cannot paint a picture as well as he did.

• elderelite
    elderelite

The beauty zid..... Thor dosent care if my house is messy :-D

• james_woods
    james_woods
    But at what point do you stop feeling around in a bucket of shit to try to find a pearl?

When you find the pearl.

Some people never do.

• Low-Key Lysmith
    Low-Key Lysmith

Maybe it wasn't there to begin with?

• cofty
    cofty

Vincent van Gogh cut off his ear too - but I cannot paint a picture as well as he did.

Me neither but if Van Gough had behaved like N.drew on a discussion forum I would have favoured deleting his account.

• james_woods
    james_woods
    Maybe it wasn't there to begin with?

Maybe.

Maybe some will never know.

• talesin
    talesin

I don't know what's going on here, but just clicked on the last page ..

Borderline Personality Disorder (BPD) is a junk diagnosis that the medical community is 'currently' using to label people they can't explain ... there are usually real issues involved, that are not being dealt with. The behaviours described in the diagnosis of BPD are mostly 'affect' (see BASK model), and caused by a variety of childhood trauma ... for example, living with an alcoholic parent, neglect, sexual abuse, spiritual abuse (you get the picture). It's easier to label them BPD, and leave them to suffer in their isolation, than it is to push and/or cajole them into treatment. "Let's solve everything by medicating them, or abandoning them to stew in their own pain."

Oh, and it fits nicely into the corporate agenda (big pharma). Let's keep the slave class medicated, instead of addressing the causes of their woes.

my 2

tal

• talesin
    talesin

Hey, my post was #669 !!

• Low-Key Lysmith
    Low-Key Lysmith
    Maybe.
    Maybe some will never know.

Maybe some don't give a fiddler's fart.

You keep bringing up this "brilliance" of hers. Ted Bundy was a smart, maybe even brilliant person. He was also a psychotic serial killer. Does his brilliance make him any less an unsavory character? Sure, N.drew is likely not a serial killer. She is, however, abusive in her batshit crazyness. I fail to see this "brilliance" that you speak of. Maybe it's because her nasty disposition acted as a shroud to anything worthwhile?

You act as though it's OUR loss that we were unable to see the rainbows and glitter. Would you let a rabid dog bite your hand more than once because there might be a good dog underneath, just waiting to be discovered?

Everyone who is happy to see her gone shouldn't be made to feel like they've missed out on something amazing because they refused to put aside her abuse and bullshit and make an attempt to see anything good. Not our responsibility. If you act like a horrible despot, people aren't going to like you. Pretty simple, really.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit