Atheism

by avatar 837 Replies latest jw friends

• james_woods
    james_woods

That actually made a lot of sense, Talesin.

• tec
    tec

I do regret how all of this has turned out. I am sad Nancy could not find a niche here. She needs one. I am sad by the misunderstandings, anger and hurt on behalf all parties, that forced this to go further than it ever should have.

But I do not regret speaking up for Nancy. There were many voices speaking against her, many insults and jabs going her way even from the beginning (such as the few snarky comments that have been made about me in these past pages when I haven't even been here, but much much more). But only a couple voices speaking up against all the jabs against her; even acknowleding them. I do not regret being one of those voices, whatever flak that might bring. I can live with the flak. But not the cowardice that would have kept me from speaking against the majority and for what I believed to be right, simply because I didn't want to take the flak.

Should I also have spoken up for Palm? Perhaps I could have handled that much better. I concede this. Though at the start, adding clarity and mediating is exactly what I did try to do, in order to avoid this mess. On the two original offending threads, my efforts carried no attack, insult, or name-calling, and came from what I actually saw and thought... but I was STILL accused of being biased, accused of attacking, and accused of saying things that I never said. So I guess I gave up on that. But I do not like to cause pain to anyone, regardless, and I have apologized for causing Palm hurt by my silence, and causing her to think that it meant I condoned and approved of the language and name-calling.

Side note:

Mrs. Jones... I do not think you are a bitch, and I was not even sure Nancy had called you one. Pretty sure you got caught in the cross fire there, and that wasn't fair to you.

Twitch... I am more than happy to have that conversation with you, though you will recall that I said I could not offer proof. This thread just doesn't seem like the place to have that conversation without some immediate flak and/or baggage, and I have worked a lot these last two days. Hopefully you can understand this. I am more than willing to start another thread for that discussion if you like.

Peace,

tammy

• james_woods
    james_woods

That made no sense, Lysmith. Ted Koszinsky was brilliant (disturbed, but brilliant) - Ted Bundy was just a serial killing sex psycopath.

May I ask why you even care?

As I recall - you were never even on the N.drew radar screen.

• Berengaria
    Berengaria

I think many have missed the generous and kind hearted musical that was Attila the Hun

• palmtree67
    palmtree67

Bottom line: She should not be having interaction with people on the internet. She is too mentally ill.

And I still feel it was unfair of her supporters to demand that we all just sit quietly and not say anything while she treated everyone like shit.

• james_woods
    james_woods
    I do regret how all of this has turned out. I am sad Nancy could not find a niche here. She needs one. I am sad by the misunderstandings, anger and hurt on behalf all parties, that forced this to go further than it ever should have.

I as well, Tec. She is OK.

I will send you a PM.

• talesin
    talesin

j_w - tks.

This issue has angered me for quite some time. Many people have been labelled with BPD in the last ten years when, in actuality, they could receive some genuine help and understanding. Instead, we slap the BPD label on them, and wash our hands of them. It's sad.

The same holds true for bipolarism - a lot of folks get misdiagnosed with this, when they are really dissociative - and there are many levels of dissociation. It is NOT a disease; rather, it is a coping mechanism that children of high intelligence use, when abuse takes place (usually at a stage of pre-cognitive thinking, ie, before 8-10 years of age), and the way it is dealt with is by compartmentalizing the brain so that the child can survive the horror, without going into a catatonic state, or suiciding.

tal

• Berengaria
    Berengaria

Palm it's called Codependency

• Low-Key Lysmith
    Low-Key Lysmith
    May I ask why you even care?
    As I recall - you were never even on the N.drew radar screen.

She decried me as "hateful" and "incapable of love" because of my non-belief. Her behavior toward others also helped to cement my distaste in her as a person, or at least, as a POSTER on JWN. It still baffles me that you refuse to recognize that she was abusive, nasty, and mean.

How would you feel if someone publicly stated that you are incapable of love?

• palmtree67
    palmtree67

And no one has said you should never have stuck up for her, Tec. Only that you should have been fair. You don't stick up for one person, by throwing everyone else under the bus.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit